Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License ?

I know a guy, lets call him slim
    slim has a contractors in oklahoma.

He works for somedudes plumbing as a journeyman.
    AND he lets someotherguys plumbing company operate under his contractors.

Where he works, is in OKC, and the place he lets run under his license is midwest city, they are right next to each other.

Is this legal?
    Last edited by stolen; 08-11-2011, 11:39 PM.

Re: License ?

If it is it shouldnt be....

Comment

Not sure about anywhere else, but here in Pa. you're allowed to work "under" someone else's license. Any violations/problems fall back on the license holder to correct.

Cute Baby Seanny!

Comment

In California you can have "employees" working for you under your license, but your employees cannot operate on their own as a licensed contractor, nor can they enter into contracts as their boss using his license. Licensed contractors can work for each other.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
          In California you can have "employees" working for you under your license, but your employees cannot operate on their own as a licensed contractor, nor can they enter into contracts as their boss using his license. Licensed contractors can work for each other.

actually they have a registered salesperson classification that can go out to jobs and write up contracts and proposals. you se this in home improvement contracts/ repipes, windows/ door salesmen.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            actually they have a registered salesperson classification that can go out to jobs and write up contracts and proposals. you se this in home improvement contracts/ repipes, windows/ door salesmen.

rick.
            Yes, I agree, you can register those employees with the CSLB as an HIS(Home Improvement Salesperson) but you still need to register them, and that is their "license" to work under your license otherwise, they are breaking the law.

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
              I know a guy, lets call him Cire

Cire has a contractors in oklahoma. Is it an Active Contractors License? Look it up on the CIB Website

He works for somedudes plumbing as a journeyman. An Inactive Contractor is the same as a Journeymens license
              AND he lets someotherguys plumbing company operate under his contractors. Someotherguys Plumbing cant operate under the Cires contractors license, as they are aseparate business entities.

Where he works, is in OKC, and the place he lets run under his license is midwest city, they are right next to each other.

Are you simply talking about loaning out The business entity to avoid paying an individual cities business licensing fee????

(If both businesses are licensed plumbing companies in Oklahoma stop crying and get competitive)

Is this legal?
              Last edited by OkieBill; 08-10-2011, 10:16 PM. Reason: I cant spll

Comment

Why would any one put their license, reputation, and home at risk ?
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  Why would any one put their license, reputation, and home at risk ?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                  Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                  You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You got it $$$$$$ All about the benjamins
                    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

in calif, a contractor can also rmo on two additional company licenses at the same time,

been there done that
                      JERRYMAC
                      E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                      CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                      FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                      SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
                        in calif, a contractor can also rmo on two additional company licenses at the same time,

been there done that
                        Doesn't an RMO need to own at least 10% of the business? That can get pricey.

An RME on the other hand only needs to have a Bond for 12.5K in addition to the bond the qualifying individual possesses.

Comment

I guess I am old school..Go through a trade, take your test and get licensed..Pay your dues and start your own business , make money to support yourself and your family..Why would I want/ need to let anybody use what I have earned to make them money ???People who sub their licenses to others are just looking to make money for doing nothing.Basically capitalizing on the the others that neither posess the skill , knowledge, or gumption to get off their asse* and do what it takes to operate a legit business..Don't ride my coat tails I don't need your money..I have said it several times..just my .02
                          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                          X