Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Busting up Gas lines

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Busting up Gas lines

    Must be stimulus $$$ in our area .Lots of roadwork in our area. And lots of folks saying
    "Why our street ,it was fine ? " This includes My Hood. And gas line damage in the newspaper every month! How about Your hood? Big $$$ ,none of it seemed necessary!
    All Chinese borrowed, I'm sure.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

  • #2
    Re: Busting up Gas lines

    Yes sir...they are tearing up and replacing all kinds of water mains and storm drains in my town....
    Last edited by dcman; 08-12-2011, 08:14 AM. Reason: spelling
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

    Derek

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Busting up Gas lines

      Have you watched Inspector America, or The Crumbling of America? Be thankful somebody is spending Chinese money so you still have flowing water instead of a swimming pool in your front yard.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Busting up Gas lines

        Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
        Have you watched Inspector America, or The Crumbling of America? Be thankful somebody is spending Chinese money so you still have flowing water instead of a swimming pool in your front yard.
        Thankfull they are spending it on infrastructure instead of that many more billions let out to leaches.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Busting up Gas lines

          Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          Must be stimulus $$$ in our area .Lots of roadwork in our area. And lots of folks saying
          "Why our street ,it was fine ? " This includes My Hood. And gas line damage in the newspaper every month! How about Your hood? Big $$$ ,none of it seemed necessary!
          All Chinese borrowed, I'm sure.
          This is not a joke Tool,nor is it meant to cause disruptive drift:
          Are they employing American citizens?

          Just keeping count/accountability.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Busting up Gas lines

            My guess not
            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Busting up Gas lines

              Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
              My guess not
              If they are doing it "In House" I'd say great.
              If they have let it out to private I say we got stabbed in the back again.No americans are working the tools.Maybe one,grey haired,tenured old timer down at the end of the street running the crew from the inside of his air conditioned truck.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Busting up Gas lines

                In our area 0ne large Road Contr. gets it all. The work wasn't repairing crumbling roadways. People are upset at the unnecessary work, and waste of federal $$$$$$. To answer Your question, Adam, I'd say mixed.
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Busting up Gas lines

                  Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  In our area 0ne large Road Contr. gets it all. The work wasn't repairing crumbling roadways. People are upset at the unnecessary work, and waste of federal $$$$$$. To answer Your question, Adam, I'd say mixed.
                  Thank you sir.
                  Our city employs a mix as well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Busting up Gas lines

                    Puke energy(aka duke) is working on my street as I am sitting here,they ran a new 6" main in plastic pipe (yellow) down the street for 6 tenths of a mile,and the street was completely repaved last year and not only that they still have to come back and connect all the homes,I know this has to be done but the gas main has been there since this house was built(1910)Okay I will let it go for know.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Busting up Gas lines

                      I will say here its in house...and they are all out there working...no a/c for them....they would get fired...small community....very close watch on that stuff...
                      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

                      Derek

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Busting up Gas lines

                        Originally posted by cincy plumber View Post
                        Puke energy(aka duke) is working on my street as I am sitting here,they ran a new 6" main in plastic pipe (yellow) down the street for 6 tenths of a mile,and the street was completely repaved last year and not only that they still have to come back and connect all the homes,I know this has to be done but the gas main has been there since this house was built(1910)Okay I will let it go for know.
                        Here in our city there is a moratorium on ripping up any street that has been repaved for 5 years unless its for a new connection or emergency repair.

                        All the utilities have access to a city data base that shows the paving completion date and mile post locations of the last paving.

                        They are also working together when the roads are ripped open and doing their projects before the paving contractor starts laying the road back down.

                        There was one problem last year, the asphalt paving contractor made a mistake and got ahead of the shared schedule and paved the highway before the water main renewal contractor had finished doing the service tie ins.

                        The paving contractor ended up having to redo the paving and also lost money as his part of the renewal project ended up being in daily fine mode for being past the scheduled completion date.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X