Copper cleaning brushes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper cleaning brushes

Been buying from Ferguson..I sware I cannot get more than a few fittings cleaned and they are toast..They have nice little american flags on them that actually say "made in the usa"..These brushes suck ..Any better ones out there let me know..Thanks guys
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Copper cleaning brushes

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
    Been buying from Ferguson..I sware I cannot get more than a few fittings cleaned and they are toast..They have nice little american flags on them that actually say "made in the usa"..These brushes suck ..Any better ones out there let me know..Thanks guys

What size do you need the most of?

Comment

Cut the handle off, slightly bend the shaft and use them in a drill.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

1/2" , 3/4" , 1" ...

Comment

yeah I have done that for years ..Cutting the handles off and clutching them in my cordless drill..That's fine but often times Id rather not bother..Was looking for another supplier..These things are pathetic to say the least

Comment

I usé thé oatey 4 in 1 brushes basically battery terminal cleaners. Or sandcloth wrapped around ?* carpenters pencil. Doubt This is Much help but it works and i got tired of buying crap.

Comment

I have and use this one when I cant find the individual tool I left sitting someplace (By Oatey as well) It seems to have held up good enough to stay in the tool box and not get tossed. Its great as a aw crap where did my brush go?

Otherwise I use these other Gems from Home Depot. I don't deal with copper everyday, but they have made it thru several jobs and they seem no worse for wear.
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Yeah I noticed that the manufacturers that use the molded plastic handled cleaning brushes always held up better..Maybe I need to start buying my cleaning brushes from home depot..Hard to believe a homeowner has better access to plumbing supplies than plumbers .. funny ins't it

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                  I get those to from fergy and they blow. Been going to auto zone for the battery terminal cleaner that last longer.

Comment

mill rose 6100 hard head are the best and longest lasting brushes i've used. they have a metal disc/ washer on the leading edge to prevent them from going into a ball valve.

Mill-Rose Clean-Fit Products - Plumbing / Refrigeration Fitting & Tube Brushes

don't use them much anymore as propress requires no cleaning

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      mill rose 6100 hard head are the best and longest lasting brushes i've used. they have a metal disc/ washer on the leading edge to prevent them from going into a ball valve.

rick.
                      Where do You buy Yours Rick ?
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                        Iknew that was coming Rick Thanks I needed that this am.

Comment

1 of my plumbing supply housees had a counter display years ago and i bought them all

you can call mill rose and see who they sell to locally. shouldn't be hard to track them down.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

In the first year I learned that twist them one way and they will last longer.
                            We used tu -turn. I do not know if they are still being made but they lasted a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy plumber View Post
                              In the first year I learned that twist them one way and they will last longer.
                              We used tu -turn. I do not know if they are still being made but they lasted a long time.
                              Yeah there were old timers that would rip you a new as* for turning a fitting brush back and forth.They hollered that you wore em' out faster..Guess I have always been impatient..I like the drill kits That looks sweet.I cannot find a millrose distributor though.I am pretty sold on those drill ones for the fittings and the pipe ends
                              .That would work perfect for my little impact that has the 1/4" chuck

Comment

Working...
                              X