X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water heater bag

Has anyone heard, seen, used, or own a water heater bag? Just curious if they work or where a person could get one. Had some tough water heaters lately that made me think that they may actually be handy.

Re: Water heater bag

I heard of them, but I wouldn't personally use it. I just think it's too much messing around for my liking.

Comment

Rick has mentioned using Body Bags, I think the tyvek kind. seems like a reasonable idea. and a lot safer than trying to haul the water heater up the carpeted stairs covered in plastic.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
        Rick has mentioned using Body Bags, I think the tyvek kind. seems like a reasonable idea. and a lot safer than trying to haul the water heater up the carpeted stairs covered in plastic.
        I covered steps one time, and almost broke my a$$ going up them as I tripped, and I don't cover them anymore.

I carry a can of of SPOT SHOT on the truck for any marks I might make on the stairs carpet. Mostly the customer tells me not to worry about it as they are more concerned for my safety, but if worse comes to worse, we have a restoration/clean up company that will clean our carpets for free, since we give them all of our basement flood outs.

Comment

Rectorseal made one at one time called the "Eazy Haul". Don't know if they still do.

I know someone in the funeral home business that got me a body bag.

J.C.

Comment

Well around here we have to use drain pans and people may not realize there water heater has a slow leak for a few months or till it quits working so it may be a bit of trouble but beats paying for someones white carpet. Would love to know what other people do to get these type of heaters out without ruining light colored carpet.

Comment

the body bags work up to a 50 gal gas heater. the 75 and larger are a bummer by yourself.

but typically a plastic drop cloth draped under the heater and duct taped around the bottom up 18'' or so will contain the soot and drips real well.

it's the rust and soot from a gas heater that's a bummer. electric typically are not as near bad.

rick.

ps. unless you know someone, you can't legally buy a body bag. hence a water heater bag with a toe tag
              phoebe it is

Comment

Ebay has a "Military Body Bag"

They look Tuff and have great grips for handling a WH.

Comment

Working...
                X