X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• block and tackle for lifting W.HS.

Thanks Rick, remembered Your 1 man rig. Ground a slot in a 3/4" end cap, welded in a
    heavy metal ring. Made up a block and tackle. Works great!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: block and tackle for lifting W.HS.

interesting. i just drilled a hole and installed a lifting rated eye ring/ hook. i have 3/4'' and 1'' for the 75 gal. on a 100 gallon i have a set of 2 x 1.5'' tees and then slide a pipe through the center of the twin 2'' tees. this way the lift stays dead center from the hot and cold. for the big ones i use an electric winch so i can free up both hands to position the heater.

even have used it for a 36'' x 36'' traffic weight solid sump pit cover.

so now you know how to get it up

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t20570/

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 08-17-2011, 10:21 AM. Reason: link to thread
    phoebe it is

Comment

Two tees is a great idea,thanks
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Rick, could You post a picture of Your set up again ? I'm thinking of reeving one more pulley .Thanks Tool

Comment

he has a link in the first post to the original post of his with pictures or as least some pictures, here is original post, pictures lower in the post as well,

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t20570/
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
          X