X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a Tip

Maybe everyone knows this, but I find these all the time. Either slipped and disconnected over time or connected and leaking. Yes, a strap would have helped. But sometimes you can't get them to stop leaking no matter how tight you turn that ring.

I know sometimes your hands can get tied on a slab. Other than that, I would avoid them.

Attachment Attachment

J.C.
    Attached Files

Re: Just a Tip

lead and oakum

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
      Thats the only type I will use. Strap it and they dont come down. I've never had one leak either. I dunno man maybe your chasing after the same guy..?????LOL
      Could be. I find them now and again strapped properly and leaking. And other times I find this. Solvent weld.....can't remember the last one.

J.C.

Comment

I try never to use that shower drain.

Comment

i don't see too many fiberglass shower stalls. but i have changed a shower drains over the years on those.

just about everything for a shower is either a hot mop tile job or stone.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            i don't see too many fiberglass shower stalls. but i have changed a shower drains over the years on those.

just about everything for a shower is either a hot mop tile job or stone.

rick.
            Now this is hillarious.
            A perfect example of how a few miles apart can make a total difference.
            All the house flippers out here are using the cheapest,weakest $69.00 shower pans they can find.With 3 plastic glue on sheets over greenboard.Won't even buy a drain in chrome,just white plastic.
            Scary,I won't do another one for these huge insurance liabilities.

Comment

I'm with themaster on that one. I like those brass drains, One of our supply houses carries toilet flanges that work on the same principal, Kind of nice setting a brass toilet flange. I do silicone that gasket before I push it in and tighten things up, Probably not supposed to, but it sure does work.
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

JC, I run into a ton of leaking shower drains on fiberglass pans because people putty them in and the pan flexis, over time the nut loosens up. I have never had one pop out in your pic tho.

I use Davke drains for the replacement and silicone them in. never had a call back.
                Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Working...
                X