X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grohe. Made in ?

Was told China by a salesman, is this true?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Grohe. Made in ?

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Was told China by a salesman, is this true?

I imagine there may be some Chinese parts as that seems the norm but I guessing the salesman was just trying to get you to buy something else.

6 production plants worldwide
    -3 locations in Germany: Hemer, Lahr, Porta Westfalica
    -1 location in Portugal: Albergaria-a-Velha
    -1 location in Thailand: Rayong Province
    -1 location in Canada: Mississauga

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

By the way, that's not to be confused with Hansgrohe which is a MASCO brand. They have 8-production plants with one being in China.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I imagine there may be some Chinese parts as that seems the norm but I guessing the salesman was just trying to get you to buy something else.

6 production plants worldwide
        -3 locations in Germany: Hemer, Lahr, Porta Westfalica
        -1 location in Portugal: Albergaria-a-Velha
        -1 location in Thailand: Rayong Province
        -1 location in Canada: Mississauga

Mark
        Thanks again Mark. This is the same Guy pushing Danzi,I will print out both posts and ask Him to EXPLAIN ! BUSTED ! He had Me believing both products are made by the same Co. in China !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I found it using google, when searching for Grohe made in? information.

We just got a 2 grohe parts that are made in China. Based on the site they dont have a plant there, now the question is, is it fake ? 1 part came from a website listing on grohe.com as authorized recommended seller and the other from Amazon ......

Thoughts ?

Comment

Originally posted by yozh View Post
            Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I found it using google, when searching for Grohe made in? information.

We just got a 2 grohe parts that are made in China. Based on the site they dont have a plant there, now the question is, is it fake ? 1 part came from a website listing on grohe.com as authorized recommended seller and the other from Amazon ......

Thoughts ?
            Why did you buy on line and not through wholesale distribution?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
              Why did you buy on line and not through wholesale distribution?
              Found a better price. So my question still stands would you guys know ?

Comment

Check locally with a Grohe distributor. Just walk in with the part. I might know by looking at it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                  Check locally with a Grohe distributor. Just walk in with the part. I might know by looking at it.
                  Of course they will not answer me, since I didnt buy from them.... I emailed Grohe and still no answer... the part bought from a website listed on grohe website as a proffered seller and authorized dealer...

Comment

Originally posted by yozh View Post
                    Of course they will not answer me, since I didnt buy from them.... I emailed Grohe and still no answer... the part bought from a website listed on grohe website as a proffered seller and authorized dealer...
                    That doesn't necessarily mean it's the same part. Lots of unethical online things are happening all the time.
                    They could be a licensed dealer selling copied parts.
                    They could be an unlicensed dealer advertising that they are selling copied parts.
                    They could be licensed, unlicensed, and reselling original parts.

Risk goes up sometimes buying online.

What did you buy? What did it cost?

Comment

1 part is from amazon and it was Grohe 19899000 Eurocube PBV Trim for $169
                      and the other is from homeclick it was a TP holder Grohe 40507000 Essentials Cube toilet paper holder for $60.

We bought other things from homeclick and they were made in Thailand and Canada, but those 2 things are bothering me because I do not see that grohe has a China plant !

Comment

I'll look some. And others might know more than myself.

In today's manufacturing atmosphere though, Grohe or any other company may not have an actual plant somewhere, but could have a plant making things for them. It's still technically there's even though it may be subcontracted to somewhere like Nairobi.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                          I'll look some. And others might know more than myself.

In today's manufacturing atmosphere though, Grohe or any other company may not have an actual plant somewhere, but could have a plant making things for them. It's still technically there's even though it may be subcontracted to somewhere like Nairobi.

Perfectly understandable, but just wanted to make sure some one else seen Grohe from China and can vouch its real

Comment

It may be your best bet to contact them directly with your question. GROHE - Contact

Make sure that you ask:

Where it is manufactured. Where it is actually cast.

And Is there any reason for the product to have "Made in China" on it anywhere.

Include product numbers.

NOTE: I WOULD NOT CALL. OFTEN, IN MY EXPERIENCE, THEY SIMPLY DO NOT ANSWER. THEY SUCK IN THIS DEPARTMENT.

If I ever run into Michael Marchi, I'll let him have it. Even if it's some black tie affair. Gonna' get awkward real quick.

Comment

I spoke to Grohe. According to their representative, it's an actual Grohe product made in China to their specifications.

Comment

Working...
                              X