X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ServiceMagic?

Has anyone had any experiences listing with Servicemagic?
    Good or Bad?
    I'm considering it for the short term, just to generate some work. Just want some trusted input.
    Thanks

Re: ServiceMagic?

As a consumer, I tried to to use their services with absolutely no success.

Ron

Comment

I think my last company used em, maybe 1 call a month

Comment

I heard from other contractors, that service magic isn't worth it, and basically sucks.

Comment

Don't you as a company have to buy the leads from Service Magic? Service Magic and American Home Shield (AHS) are the same people / parent company... I had my experiences with Home Warranty companies (AHS being the worst) and have not looked back since telling them where to go. Service Magic and Home warranties in general are an attempt at price fixing while the companies involved take a cut plain and simple. If you are hungry and gotta deal with them understand that it is only about price to these bottom feeders and they will happily cut your throat in favor of the next person who is just a bit hungrier...

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
            Don't you as a company have to buy the leads from Service Magic? Service Magic and American Home Shield (AHS) are the same people / parent company... I had my experiences with Home Warranty companies (AHS being the worst) and have not looked back since telling them where to go. Service Magic and Home warranties in general are an attempt at price fixing while the companies involved take a cut plain and simple. If you are hungry and gotta deal with them understand that it is only about price to these bottom feeders and they will happily cut your throat in favor of the next person who is just a bit hungrier...

I also did work for home warranty companies in the past including AHS. I agree with everything you just said, it's the truth. Never again will I take a call from them, they're not worth the head aches.

Comment

Originally posted by NH Plumber View Post
              Has anyone had any experiences listing with Servicemagic?
              Good or Bad?
              I'm considering it for the short term, just to generate some work. Just want some trusted input.
              Thanks

Find another way to spend your money for advertising. Paying service magic is like flushing your money down the toilet.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I see that they do lots of internet adds, and I wasn't sure how good they were.
                I've dealt with home warranty companies too, and yes they are a pain to deal with. I just hadn't heard of any connections between them and servicemagic.

Comment

They kept calling me trying to get me to sign up with them.Every time I said NO they weren't happy.Basically if they give / refer you a job you pay them whether you get the job or not..I think it was like $10 for each lead they send you .Again that's no guarantee you will get the job..No thanks for me I don't need that
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have been using Service Magic for a couple years and have made good money with them. Let me say that you have to be quick to make a connection to the home owner, as the lead may go out to 20 companies, that's how Service Magic makes there money. Only one guy gets the job. I have to actually turn it off because I get too much work sometimes and don't want to pay for un needed leads. And thats what they are leads to get jobs.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Did Service Magic and I will never do that again. Waste of my advertising money.
                      Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

I have a few friends that have worked with service magic and they say no thanks after a few months. I do home warranties, its a love hate relationship. I don't do much because I am at the top of the pay scale and they use the hacks first then I go and fix it. Once you learn how to work the hours thing and part mark ups its ok I only do this work for the hopes of things the warranty don't cover like slab leaks, waste and overflows, elect. Things I can make money on and the rest of the calls I chalk up as gas money you can also turn away a call if you don't want it. At first I would argue over the time thing like 2 hrs for a water heater I would say I thought this is hourly not flat time and they would say it should only take 2 hours we would go back and forth no more water heaters for me. I put those calls low on the priority list and just do what I want its been 2 years.

Comment

Internet advertising has quickly become the foundation of my advertising. SM was the second company I took on. They are very useful you will loses money on these Leeds however you must learn what is worth going after like I only Target work that is an "emergency" type job. Higher probably you will get it . Big project jobs these people may just be " researching" on the internet and finally want to talk to a plumber but good luck . So you can pick what Leeds you will except but it is a learning process. Now that is only the half of it and this is where most guys stop and give up. But if you consistently go after these Leeds and land some you can ask for reviews and this is all you need to care about since servicemagic spends money their money on Google meaning the advertise you and your reviews and this is the biggest part guys miss . I have about 15 reviews on servicemagic and this is displayed on Google places I am also on two other leed agrigator sites. Now I spent a good bit of money and worked real hard to get those Leeds and now when I get a call I or my wife are told " I called you because you have the best reviews" and where did they find them servicemagic has them listed on Google they then find me on other sites and call how much do I spend now maybe $100 month . Other sites you should check out Plumbing networxs , Elocal plumbers, angieslist, yelp, homefixers, yext networks , and yelp. All keep me busy and I have not done a job for lowe's for months now since we have the reputation online and service magic was a big part. Good luck!

Comment

I use SM too. I get a few jobs from them. I filter it down to water heaters and bigger ticket stuff. I am not a full time service contractor, more construction. It is very price competitive when you do get a leed.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
                              Internet advertising has quickly become the foundation of my advertising. SM was the second company I took on. They are very useful you will loses money on these Leeds however you must learn what is worth going after like I only Target work that is an "emergency" type job. Higher probably you will get it . Big project jobs these people may just be " researching" on the internet and finally want to talk to a plumber but good luck . So you can pick what Leeds you will except but it is a learning process. Now that is only the half of it and this is where most guys stop and give up. But if you consistently go after these Leeds and land some you can ask for reviews and this is all you need to care about since servicemagic spends money their money on Google meaning the advertise you and your reviews and this is the biggest part guys miss . I have about 15 reviews on servicemagic and this is displayed on Google places I am also on two other leed agrigator sites. Now I spent a good bit of money and worked real hard to get those Leeds and now when I get a call I or my wife are told " I called you because you have the best reviews" and where did they find them servicemagic has them listed on Google they then find me on other sites and call how much do I spend now maybe $100 month . Other sites you should check out Plumbing networxs , Elocal plumbers, angieslist, yelp, homefixers, yext networks , and yelp. All keep me busy and I have not done a job for lowe's for months now since we have the reputation online and service magic was a big part. Good luck!
                              Yea I should have mentioned the feedback part also, I get direct leads now that are just for me not given to other contractors, they are called direct match leads I pay more for them but it usually results in a job. And the people pick our company because of our good reviews on SM. Sometimes even when I have SM turned off the people force a call through to us because they want us (because of the reviews they have read). Yelp we have a few reviews and are now just starting to focus more on yelp. I will not pay yelp for this just ask if I can have a review from a happy customer.
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                              X