Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Craig's List Ad

Originally posted by Flux View Post
    If post #4 and #6 isn't proof enough, then obviously you don't understand how state laws work.

ONLY a licensed Master Plumber can pull this permit for the Plumbing..Not the investor..not a handy man, Not a journeyman Plumber, and certainly not a carpenter.

ONLY a person with certificate of insurance can perform work in this state and has to provide that as proof, as we have a license for that in our state. A Journeyman Plumber is not going to have a PA contractor's license, unless he pays for it himself, and also provides that he has business insurance.

Are you still with me?

Now who in their right mind is going to have all that, and do that job for $20.00 an hour? This investor is not looking for a Master Plumber, if he was. his comment about price wouldn't be in his ad, and I'm willing to bet you, that you won't find 1 Master Plumber on this forum who would do this job for $20.00 an hour.

There is absolutely nothing illegal that I know of with posting this particular ad...that's not where I take issue. I take issue that he's slumming around CL looking to prey on some idiot looking to make a meal money,so he doesn't have to pay a Professional (licensed) to do the job.

So, it's IMPOSSIBLE for anyone but a Master Plumber to be involved with this job. Do you understand? Now who is going to put their business insurance on the line for $20.00 an hour?
    Maybe I didn't come across like I wanted, I was simply stating that if you think someone like that ad poster is looking to hire "illegal" work, bust his ***. But as stated by others, if he finds some master plumber that has been living off unemployment, don't think that person might be tickled pink to make 200 a day, no mater what his costs are. Some guys are lucky to make anything these days with tough times.

I am not a plumber, and definitely don't pretend to be, I hire a lic. plumber, not worth the headaches to even do something as simple as reseting a toilet after tiling a floor, no thanks man!

Comment

Re: Craig's List Ad

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
      But as stated by others, if he finds some master plumber that has been living off unemployment, don't think that person might be tickled pink to make 200 a day, no mater what his costs are. Some guys are lucky to make anything these days with tough times
      Most likely if a Master Plumber went out of business, he's not paying business insurance anymore either, which means by state law he couldn't do the job.

I hear what you're saying though, but why should people "prey" on the desperate, when they are their lowest point in their life? Pay the man what he's worth, and don't act like a scumbag about it....is how I feel. If the Investor doesn't have the money to give, then maybe he shouldn't be investing his money in the first place. The Investor clearly stated he's not a "Homeowner" (lol), so the Plumber responding to his ad shouldn't dare try to charge what everyone else gets charged. In over 25 years of working in the family business, I didn't realize we are suppose to give special pricing to investors.

This Investor portrayed himself as "smart" in his ad, as he certainly can distinguish between Master Plumber in business = big bucks...compared to "fly by nighters" = "let me throw my fishing line in the water, and throw a few bucks at him for meal money". Since this Investor made it clear he's too smart to be paying high Plumbing bills (in his opinion), then he's smart enough to know 2 Licenses possibly 3 the Plumber has to have to even take this job legally. It's no secret that if you're rehabbing houses...permits,business insurance, and state license, and city license is required.

If we are going to break laws in this country, then why have laws in the first place? We have become a society in where we think we are above the law no matter if we agree or disagree with the law, we take matters into our own hands.

He's ignoring my messages, so I can't pry further.
      Last edited by Flux; 08-26-2011, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X