Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe The Plumber for Congress?

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    Mark, I don't know about 35 years but if frosts my gonads that in my state it is possible to hold a Masters license and only be 21 1/2 years old. WTF is with that? Who in hell decided that some kid that is barely old enough to drink beer is a master at anything at all except for perhaps baiting
    Wow that is insane. How many years do they require? Here he would have had to start at 13 1/2 to get his C36 at 21 1/2.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Where I live if you haven`t completed an apprenticeship and sat your license test and passed you carn`t touch any part of plumbing whether sewerage or general plumbing and any job over the cost of $750.00 you have to fill in a certificate of compliance form and give it to the plumbering industry commission and 5% are inspected and not a week go bye where some unlicensed moron is caught by roving inspecters or dobbed in and ends up in court as we value our plumbing trade and realize that plumbing is the foundation of any civilisation.

Tony

Comment

Now Tony this is what is known as the original theory of our system, the reality is it doesnt happen like this at all. I was discussing today with another professional Plumber like us how another mate goes into Bunnings and gets the jerk working in there to sign his certificates and he rewards him to the tune of $1000.00 CASH. Fantastic hey................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
          Now Tony this is what is known as the original theory of our system, the reality is it doesnt happen like this at all. I was discussing today with another professional Plumber like us how another mate goes into Bunnings and gets the jerk working in there to sign his certificates and he rewards him to the tune of $1000.00 CASH. Fantastic hey................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Well that is what happened to a fool I know he signed a certificate for a job he didn`t do and guess what this job was inspected and he lost his license for twelve months and a sizable fine and will alway be marked by the commission at least our system, is better than what US plumbers have to put up with every tradesman for themselves with no help from the authoities.

Tony

Comment

Mark, a kid can take my plumbing course in high school (2 years) and then the other required 3 years in the apprentice program so it's possile for him to complete the apprentice training when he is 21. At that point he can take his Journeymans exam. He then must wait a wopping 6 months and he can take the Masters. It's a joke and one of many reasons why the trade is disintegrating before our eyes. That said though, any one of the 13 journeymen that work for me can no doubt out plumb me every day. The mind is willing but the body fails me. Especially the kneeling part. I just can't kneel anymore.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Mark, I don't know about 35 years but if frosts my gonads that in my state it is possible to hold a Masters license and only be 21 1/2 years old. WTF is with that? Who in hell decided that some kid that is barely old enough to drink beer is a master at anything at all except for perhaps baiting
              Hey, that was me in 1989
              26+6=1

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                Wow that is insane. How many years do they require? Here he would have had to start at 13 1/2 to get his C36 at 21 1/2.

Mark
                But anyone with a hacksaw and glue can be a plumber in that state. There are no Journeyman. I also worked their for a woman with her C36 that didn't know anything about plumbing. You don't even need a C36 to plumb right? any General can do their own plumbing.

Idaho requires 4 years of apprenticeship schooling, and 4 years of full time employment to get a journeyman's card, and 7.5 total years in the field for contractors. Generals cannot do their own plumbing and you have to be a journeyman plumber to be a plumbing contractor.
                Last edited by Birddoggiest; 09-05-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X