Used complete jet swet $100.00 craigs list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Used complete jet swet $100.00 craigs list

Something I've been doing more lately then jet swet is using a 3/8 soft copper tube hooked to my shop vac while sweating a joint. Works just as well
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

When you say "big bucks" are we talking $ 2500,00 plus like say a Pro-Press would be?
      sigpic

Comment

the 2.5'' cost me about 165.00 15 years ago. hate to think what a 3'' and 4'' cost now.

my buddy called me today/ saturday, looking for help with a 2.5'' and 3'' water main repair at a medical 5 story building he needs to do sunday. apparently someone needed about 40' of copper and didn't bother to shut the water in the middle of the night.

he called me because he knew i have the tools to put it back together without any problem. the copper pipe he'll need to get from the supply house sunday with special arraignments. the fittings and tools are just 1 call to me

rick.

http://www.brenelle.com/index.php?type=cat&kind=2 standard design.

2.5'' 204.71

3'' 250.88

4'' 295.84

flow through design only comes in 1.5'' and larger.

http://www.brenelle.com/index.php?type=cat&kind=4 flow through design.

2.5'' 229.21

3'' 280.93

4'' 331.26

so a mechanical set of plugs from 2.5''- 4'' cost about 50% less than a set of xlc jaws that will press together copper in 5 seconds with the water still running/ dripping.

my money is with propress.
        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-04-2011, 12:43 AM. Reason: links to jet swet
        phoebe it is

Comment

I've got the jet sweats but never use them, have the cable type does the same as the jet sweats but the cable can go past a 90.

When all I need is bread, I found a imitation bread product at Lowes. Its kinda like styrofoam but softer, works great, always on the truck ready to go, never fouls aerators, flushes out great. Can't believe I've never seen it at a supply house. just don't try to make a PB&J with it! lol

wookie

Comment

i too have the cable style and although they can wiggle past a 90, they don't really hold too well.

that design relies on an o-ring that is pushed into the line and slightly expanded between 2 plastic tapered washers.

the best design i've seen only 1 time and never again was a rubberized expansion ball/ plug that would also go past a 90. once pushed into the line, a little hand pump filled the plug with water and expanded it. interesting design, but to never be seen again?

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              the 2.5'' cost me about 165.00 15 years ago. hate to think what a 3'' and 4'' cost now.

my buddy called me today/ saturday, looking for help with a 2.5'' and 3'' water main repair at a medical 5 story building he needs to do sunday. apparently someone needed about 40' of copper and didn't bother to shut the water in the middle of the night.

he called me because he knew i have the tools to put it back together without any problem. the copper pipe he'll need to get from the supply house sunday with special arraignments. the fittings and tools are just 1 call to me

rick.

Jet Swet Offficial Site standard design.

2.5'' 204.71

3'' 250.88

4'' 295.84

Jet Swet Offficial Site flow through design.

2.5'' 229.21

3'' 280.93

4'' 331.26

so a mechanical set of plugs from 2.5''- 4'' cost about 50% less than a set of xlc jaws that will press together copper in 5 seconds with the water still running/ dripping.

That is some crazy prices for the larger ones vs. materials. I'll just make my own if necessary for 1/10 the cost.

And to be fair, a ProPress system to cover up to 4" would cost $4921.43 before shipping according to ToolUp.

A JetSwet kit would cost:

1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/4", 1-1/2"=$248.23

2"=$63.80
              2-1/2"=$204.71
              3"=$250.88
              4"=295.84

Total JetSwet kit cost for 1/2" through 4"=$1063.46

J.C.
              Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 09-04-2011, 01:22 AM.

Comment

you're right jc. but my price was based on the xlc jaws only for the propress.

of course the initial cost of a propress tool would have to be considered too.

you would think a double test plug could easily be used to stop water inside a copper / plastic line.

the jet swet price is pretty steep considering the basic design.

rick.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.

Jet Swet Offficial Site standard design.

2.5'' 204.71

3'' 250.88

4'' 295.84

Jet Swet Offficial Site flow through design.

2.5'' 229.21

3'' 280.93

4'' 331.26

I call Shennanagins Thats full retail price which nobody but homeowners pay and let's not forget the price of the tool either.
                  sigpic

Comment

amazon web site is not that much different than the factory pricing

go price out the large sizes and see what they soak you for.

rick.
                    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-04-2011, 01:27 PM.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

What magically happens above 2"? Seems way high.

J.C.

Comment

supply and demand. same goes true with copper fittings above 2''.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

What * great thread never heard of such a thing guess my ninty cent loaf fo wonderbread is now obsolete thanks guys.. i guess atleast i got a newfy lunch at all times in my van... These only work for valves i take it then you can isolate and sauder away? Or do they offset for. Nintys ect...

Comment

the jet swets only work on a straight run/ insert. the trick is you need to insert it 3/4 of the way in and then install a ball valve or a union so that when you remove it, you can then shut the water or complete the connection downstream.

there are other designs that work around a 90, but don't really hold back pressure. just more of a trickle.

i found that bread is still capable of plugging up aerators, toilets, solenoid valves unless you can properly flush out the system.

how large have you attempted / successfully with bread?

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

For 2" and larger I like to use chewbatta bread, it has more body. If I'm working in a temple only Rye will do the trick.
                              sigpic

Comment

i always asked for 2 slices.

1 for the pipe and 1 for me.

same goes for halloween candy to test out the toilets.

1 for me and a baby ruth for testing

now it's making bread and no longer eating bread. propress

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X