X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used complete jet swet $100.00 craigs list

See these often, want one. but nervous about unknown out of state people I don't know. Any Members want to sell one of theirs? Also how often You use Yours! I had a W.H. Installation ,and the drips from 3 storys up kept flashing off the last solder!
    Was ready to eat My 9 mm. Thanks tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Used complete jet swet $100.00 craigs list

propress it.

5 seconds with all the water running you want.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Ez fer you $$$$$$ man !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Used jet swett for a hundred. new kit close to 3 hundred. Pro-press, close to 3 thousand. Go with the jet swett kit. You will use it more often and it is a whole lot more versitile because the complete kit will plug from 1/2" through 3" then of course with the pro press you need a supply of 30 dollar 3/4" valves on the truck instead of 8 dollar swett valves, but hey, ain't we all been down this road before.

Really though, All my service techs have a jet swett kit on their vans. They get used constantly and often. They are bullet proof (don't have to send them out for recalibration) and easy to use and they stop the drip instantly. No cords, no batteries, the whole kit weighs less than a set of jaws for a pro press. You can stuff the common sizes in the bottom of your tool bag.
        sigpic

Comment

I have never used a jet sweat before, what kind of pressure will they hold or are they just for gravity drips?

Comment

I've never put more than 15 or 20 psi on them so I can't really answer what they'll hold, but they're really intended for just gravity and residual pressure.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              I have never used a jet sweat before, what kind of pressure will they hold or are they just for gravity drips?
              I really like Jet Swets but my only complaint has always been that they only will hold 65 psi. After year (20?) of complaining every time I saw them at a show, they finally make a flow-through model in limited sizes which will handle what ever you need. There is another manufacturer out there I would like to try which looks better than Jet Swets but I forgot the name.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Reed makes a copy (little different) called "Dam It". Dam It® Soldering Aid

And you can get creative in a pinch with some AllThread washers, bolts, etc. Or even a test ball with an extension hose. Use your brain, but be careful.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Reed makes a copy (little different) called "Dam It". Dam It® Soldering Aid

And you can get creative in a pinch with some AllThread washers, bolts, etc. Or even a test ball with an extension hose. Use your brain, but be careful.

J.C.
                  ...you did it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    ...you did it wrong.
                    Help?

J.C.

Comment

Comma?

J.C.

Comment

NEW BRENELLE 6100 JET SWET PLUMBING TOOL SET MADE USA | eBay

Looks like a deal to me..I have never used one but needed one many times
                        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I like the wing nut on the Reed, nice idea.

Thanks for sharing JC
                          Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            Help?

J.C.

LOL - Wrong thread.

Comment

mark, i've also complained and told them to make a flow through design. the excuse they always told me for year after year after year is they left them at the shop.

finally it appeared 1 show.

ps. a set of jet swets are 1/2''- 2''. the larger 2.5'', 3'' and 4'' are sold separately and cost big bucks.

i've had to replace my original 2'' one as their original design trapped water in the dead space between the rod and sleeve and rusted shut. they later improved the design with more spacing tolerance.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X