X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back up sump pumps / which and why

Ok, battery or water powered.Which do most prefer and why.Zoeller makes the Sentry which looks good also.A friend is looking at one sold by grainger..Any reviews? Thanks
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Back up sump pumps / which and why

Here's some topical discussion.
    https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t38789-2/

I've used the Zoeller Basement Sentry recently. They sell you everything but the 12 V Marine battery. You have to go out and buy your own. So far (less than a year), I haven't had to service the install so I can't comment on it's dependability.
    Last edited by Plumbus; 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

If I had my druthers, I would avoid both and put in a duplex system w/a alternator and alarm control wired to a back up generator. Costs a ton more but what price peace of mind?

Comment

After this hurricane came through...I think I'm done putting in back-up pumps, as I don't want to be responsible or have blame placed on my company for pump failures or lack of maintenance by the home owner. It's quite difficult to estimate possible water that could come into a home that's NOT on a flood plain or by a river. The link above...the customer we put that water back-up in for 7 years ago (We finally found the invoice) suggested we didn't properly gauge the possible water that could come into his home. Never mind we had 20-25" snows that melted extremely quickly...or massive rain that hit us and he didn't get 1 drop on his basement floor.

Now...we have to predict 30 year storms in advance!!

People are too cheap to do what's right so..

I'm done with them, as I don't want the liability or the headache that comes with it. My competition can have all the back-up pumps until their heart is content.

Comment

Working...
        X