Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
what a day.... quite a few questions? any advise would be awesome Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what a day.... quite a few questions? any advise would be awesome

So I went to a sight meeting this morning big campground washrroom ten toilets ten sinks and six coin opperated showers. Then went to septic treatment plant and did material take off for new polymeir? Sewage press. Then told a client I wasn't going to attempt retrofit on cast iron radaitors. Anyways went to install ancient toilet in house I just repiped homeowner was adiment? About reusing toilet Old Thomas crapper style big crome flush ninty. Plumbing use to be cast and lead So the toilet had a long neck on the bottom that fit inside The 4" lead that was pounded over the brass closet flange. So the three inch abs flange I put in wouldn't work.. just my luck.. So I cut the bottom of the neck on the toilet half off but killed my diamond grit Milwaukee sawzall blade. Any suggestions is there a easy way to cut porcelin " I know that sounds stupid" next question have any of you installed sewage presses any warnings or precautions? Last but not least any suggestions for coin opperated showers? Thanks for reading seanny.

Re: what a day.... quite a few questions? any advise would be awesome

toilets like that are why plumbers got into the habit of using 3x4 closet bends.
    I think rick still has a diamond blade chainsaw for cutting porcelain. Other than that, tile blade on a grinder?

also, Wtf is a sewage press?
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

The floors tiled and the ceiling below is tongue and groove fir So changing is out of the question. As far as the sewage press goes the treetment center is much like a septic system they mainly treat the effluent and the solids build up in the bottom of there storage tank every two or so years they have to get it removed so the press has the solids pumped into it and polymeir added to it then it goes thru a large press that compresses all the water out turning the crap into a browny type texture making it much smaller and then it can be disposed of easier i beleive they put it in landfills? Anyway theres an assortment of filters back flow pertection and pumps and compressors. Il take a photo.. its kinda neat as far as the toilet goes it seems pretty hackish to cut it but i reallly didnt know vwhat else to try.

Comment

Misunderstanding I repiped the whole house lead is gone cast is gone and the galvanized waterlines are also gone. All abs and worsb0
        Last edited by seanny deep; 09-06-2011, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Well ,My MK tile saw cuts glass blocks just fine. I would try a 4 " or 5" diamond blade on a small grinder.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

4.5'' grinder with a spray bottle to keep it cool.

all we use are 4x3 closet bends. any time a see a true 3'' bend, it's a handman job.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I use 4x 3 lots this was right beside a floor joist that had been previously compromised I used an offset flange comes with a 45 degree bend in the flange the only way I could make it work at the time in retrospect I should have tried something else or had the carpenter sister on to that floor joist So I could notch it enough. Most toilets here are run with three inch in these parts thou.. but always a long sweep ninty,

Comment

I use a 4x3 with a 4" flange always. This is good for the next plumber who has to deal with the broken flange, he can easily cut the only one flush and glue a 4x3 flange into the 4" pipe. I would take diamond blade on a grinder to the toilet. As for the joists, always have a carpenter head out that section so you can use a 4x3, no sense in working harder cuz some carpenter but a floor joist in your way.
                Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
                X