• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots ?

Thinking about Redwings this time ...

But ...anybody tried these ?

Uplander Chukkas | Filson

Re: Boots ?

I have been wearing the Redwings for a few years and like them (REDWING 608)

This summer I actually tried wearing sneakers on the days when I had the right jobs scheduled, My feet really thanked me for it.

You gotta find whats comfortable for you

Comment

Said before. Been wearing RedWing 953's for years. No cleats in the sole. Very little tracking in homes/businesses. Easy to clean off when you've been in a hole.

Product Detail

J.C.

Comment

I ware red wings. Those boots might be great but I don't want a tred to hold dirt.

Comment

My first pair of Red Wings lasted me 4 years, they where still in good shape but I did a sewer repair where the soil stunk to high hell. The smell got into the boots, and I couldn't get the smell out so I bought a new pair. That pair the soils started to crack within a year, and Red Wing warranty was BS, they claimed it was normal wear and tear. There was tons of thread in the soles, they just started to crack in the grooves which proves it was a defect in workmanship. But I still had faith in them so I bought another pair, well these ones only lasted 5 months and the leather on the toes wore out prematurely. I will no longer buy Red Wings, it is sad they used to be a good boot.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Wear boots in the ditch and shoes everywhere else for service. Doc martens are GREAT work boots. Fair priced and nothing is more comfortable.

Comment

Ariat are the best boots I have ever used. I work them hard and they hold up well for atleast 18 months or so. For about a 1/3 of what Redwings cost, they are a no brainer imo. Put mink oil on them regularly and they will last you a long, long, time.
              Will Rogers Plumbing
              Moore, Oklahoma
              (
              405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
              http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

anyone else use waterproof boots?

I had a pair of these and liked them: Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

I liked them for winter a LOT, as well as rodding and other potentially wet jobs.

They just crapped out after about a year and I'm considering using more comfortable shoes (hiking shoes or something) for general purpose and another pair of the Timberlands

Comment

I fired RedWing after the last pair I bought were junk. Now it is the USA made Chipewas, or Thorogoods also USA made.

Comment

Best boots made today are Redbacks.Here you go Redback Leather Boots

Comment

There is another option Thank You ...

Originally posted by TOP-NOTCH PLUMBER View Post
                      Best boots made today are Redbacks.Here you go Redback Leather Boots

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
                        Wear boots in the ditch and shoes everywhere else for service. Doc martens are GREAT work boots. Fair priced and nothing is more comfortable.

I also wear Doc Martens, they really are comfy. These are the ones I wear:

The Wharf Online Store Ventura Levis, Filson, Carhartt, Ugg Boots, Wrangler jeans, Cowboy boots, Wolverine boots, Justin boots, Lucchese boots, Ariat boots

Comment

In the non snow time I wear these....Wolverine Terrain iCS Waterproof Mid-Cut Trail Hiker Black - 6pm.com

In the snow I wear Ariats.....
                          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Doc Martens, I remember in the 90's you were a cool dude if you wore Doc's. My two oldest daughters wore them. Hounded me for months to buy them some.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                              My first pair of Red Wings lasted me 4 years, they where still in good shape but I did a sewer repair where the soil stunk to high hell. The smell got into the boots, and I couldn't get the smell out so I bought a new pair. That pair the soils started to crack within a year, and Red Wing warranty was BS, they claimed it was normal wear and tear. There was tons of thread in the soles, they just started to crack in the grooves which proves it was a defect in workmanship. But I still had faith in them so I bought another pair, well these ones only lasted 5 months and the leather on the toes wore out prematurely. I will no longer buy Red Wings, it is sad they used to be a good boot.
                              I pretty much stick with the 953's. I don't care for the other ones they make as the smooth sole is the most important to me. I think if some tried it they might agree. Still made in USA as far as I know if that makes a difference. I've always got at lease a couple of years out of them. Maybe some are working harder than me though.

I have also begun changing shoes now and again with the theory that my body is a "wear" item. Wearing different shoes could make different parts of me wear differently, spread the load, and maybe make things last longer. We'll see.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X