X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a new ProPress tool

Got the larger Rothenberger Romax AC ECO corded model, it's on it's way. Didn't buy the newer model with the gun type grip, found a great deal on this one. Does anyone use this tool? What do you think of it?

Also posted my compact Rothenberger under "tool deals" on the forum if anyone is interested. It is for sale after I receive my new kit this week if anyone is interested. If not I'll list it on ebay this weekend, thanks.
    Last edited by ironranger; 09-12-2011, 09:56 PM.

Re: Bought a new ProPress tool

this is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends......
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      this is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends......
      LOL... You're right, it's never going away!

Comment

good luck with it
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
          good luck with it
          Thanks, I've been wanting the capability to do larger fittings for a while now. Getting more into boiler work and most of the time it's 1 1/4" or larger copper. I may regret selling the smaller one, it's been great for all service related work and gets in the tight spots but I think this new one can also get in the tight spots, maybe just not all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
            Thanks, I've been wanting the capability to do larger fittings for a while now. Getting more into boiler work and most of the time it's 1 1/4" or larger copper. I may regret selling the smaller one, it's been great for all service related work and gets in the tight spots but I think this new one can also get in the tight spots, maybe just not all of them.
            While I've considered offering on your compact, I think you should keep it. Lighter, smaller, and can go do several fittings in an area or crawlspace with no power.

Hope you like your new purchase. Please review what's good and bad about it.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

I'm going out and buy two dozen and all of the accessories. I never use them but damn it, they will all be mine
              sigpic

Comment

I've said this before, a propress tool will pay for itself faster than you would ever believe. I paid for my first kit with the first large job I did with it. No that does not mean I over charged the customer to pay for my new tool. It means I used my normal profit from that job and paid off the tool, big difference.
                There are a couple of companies around here installing new boilers and they use the ProPress for the larger piping now I can too. Level playing field because customers around here are asking for ProPress.
                You should see the face of your customers when they see that new water heater hard plumbed using propress fittings. It sells itself.

Comment

went to pick up a couple 3'' xlc caps today. they had a rems unit that needed to go back to the factory for service.

with the ridgid propress, i can have it ups pick up on a monday and returned before the end of the week.

the 2- 3'' caps are for a job tomorrow for another plumber. he wants me to cap 2 lines that were cut off and stolen last week. water doesn't shut off 100% and with the propress it doesn't matter.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Don't stop with the boiler guys. You can also pick up the work from the softener folks as well. Plus the schools, hospitals, hotels, pump suppliers, property managers, fast food venues, just to name a few. Actually, anyone that needs the water back on with as little interruption as possible. I also believe that one should make more than normal profit off a ProPress job because IMHO you're smarter than your competition, by having it available to better serve your customers.

But that's just me.
                    Congrats on the purchase

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
                      Don't stop with the boiler guys. You can also pick up the work from the softener folks as well. Plus the schools, hospitals, hotels, pump suppliers, property managers, fast food venues, just to name a few. Actually, anyone that needs the water back on with as little interruption as possible. I also believe that one should make more than normal profit off a ProPress job because IMHO you're smarter than your competition, by having it available to better serve your customers.

But that's just me.
                      Congrats on the purchase
                      Thanks, some great advice! I'm hoping to have the new larger kit by the end of this week and then I put out the word. Yeeeha, it's the little things like this that keeps me motivated and going.

Comment

I got to stop reading this forum every time i do i get good advise on how to better serve my customers....actually be honest i find another tool i need in my arsenal... But thats great cause im a tool junky after i pay off my k 60 i think a propress might be in order...shshsh i hope my wife doesnt read this?

Comment

Got my new ProPress today. I like it, but a lot heavier than the one I have now. Yikes!

The compact goes up for sale just after 9:30 Central time tonight, I lowered the price for a quick sale. Thanks for looking.

Comment

Working...
                          X