Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Morbid but profitable ... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Morbid but profitable ...

    What I found last summer on my annual "Tasmanian Devil" sweep.

    Roughly $400.00 in Watts single bagged compression fittings from 1/4" - 3/4", of which none of them can be used in California because of the No-Lead law.

    Viega Pro Press fittings. 2", 3" and 4", Ouch.......

    Unopened, unused Bosch 18volt Bosch Brute Drill kits, (ebay here I come)

    Thousands of feet of Sch 40 and Sch80 piping, plus fittings.

    Ratchet style high end Caulking guns, (those $12.00 H.D. models)

    100's of dull drill bits, (I think all finally break down and buy one of those Drill Doctors)

    over 100 lbs of pipe clamps, from 1/2 to 4". Unistrut coming out my ars.

    Homer buckets, enough to build a sky scrapper, (why?)

    I can go on but its to painful.........

    Oh, and least I forget the Rubermaid brute trash cans full of Brass, Copper and Bronze.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Morbid but profitable ...

      Yes the day will come that that piece of pipe you threw away you will need it and it is so lovely having all those bits and pieces all over the garage I mean shop and how your family will kick and scream having to clean up your mess after you die

      Tony

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Morbid but profitable ...

        Originally posted by AFM View Post
        Yes the day will come that that piece of pipe you threw away you will need it and it is so lovely having all those bits and pieces all over the garage I mean shop and how your family will kick and scream having to clean up your mess after you die

        Tony
        Funny thing is, this house was my grandparents house, I bought it from my grandmother when grandpa died. I cleaned out the garage, full of stuff from 30 years of collecting. I need cabinets badly so I have places to keep stuff that is of value. I'm tossing a lot of stuff, sick of pack ratting it!

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Morbid but profitable ...

          Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          tool, i'd make you look like a girlscout

          rick.
          I believe that......
          I'm tempted to gather all my tools and take a pic to show you how bad I have the bug(Take all day to do it)

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Morbid but profitable ...

            All I have is too many Channellocks and two shovels.


            J.C.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Morbid but profitable ...

              What do you guys do when the PVC pieces that's been sitting in your truck for a long time, gets all brown and dirty looking?

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Morbid but profitable ...

                Originally posted by Flux View Post
                What do you guys do when the PVC pieces that's been sitting in your truck for a long time, gets all brown and dirty looking?
                Some people would charge double.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Morbid but profitable ...

                  Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
                  Some people would charge double.
                  That is the weathering fee right? Makes the part pre-seasoned thus creating a look of the repair never happening in recent days...
                  We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Morbid but profitable ...

                    My shop is full of fittings and crap i finally thru my box of poly b fittings in to scrap i had tons of fittings but no rings what good is that. Its funny i keep finding tools i dont remember getting got tons of pvc fittings i rarely use pvc and boxex of abs stuff i always forget are there. But finally organized my pex and copper stuff atleast its organized.. i always buy ridgid pipe wrenchs if there cheap pawnshops garage sales ect... Relized im up to around forty.... Might be time to call it quits on buying those can only. Use two at a time... Hope to get the shop organized and clean but like my van it doesnt take long to have it get disorganized. Take care seanny

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Morbid but profitable ...

                      Started with a new company around 2 months ago. They, are unorganized to say the least. So, on one of my on call weekends, since I live 45 minutes from the shop, I was kicking around the shop one saturday waiting to see if another call would come in.

                      There are like 6 broke down vehicles in the yard, so I started going through them all to see if there was anything in them. Found a 2 inch propress ball valve in one, it was still in the package. I was like.... Hmm... What else could there be...

                      One of the conex's has a LOT of parts in it, and I started going through the packaged propress fittings. So far I have returned 1200 worth of fittings that we would have NEVER used. Since no one checks the yard for stock they just go buy new. Plus it was alot of 2 inch. And that is just the unbopened fittings I have returned. Not even going to talk about the full milk crate of loose fittings. There are 4 Sloan 952-1.6 flush valves, brass, that the boxes are rotting around the parts. BRAND NEW valves. Sitting...

                      The amount of parts just rotting away is absurd. I would guess there is probably 10k worth of crap just bio-degrading

                      I have restocked my van probably 6 times out of the yard last week. Found alot of awesome stuff, just, sitting...
                      Last edited by stolen; 10-02-2011, 09:37 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Morbid but profitable ...

                        Originally posted by stolen View Post
                        Started with a new company around 2 months ago. They, are unorganized to say the least. So, on one of my on call weekends, since I live 45 minutes from the shop, I was kicking around the shop one saturday waiting to see if another call would come in.

                        There are like 6 broke down vehicles in the yard, so I started going through them all to see if there was anything in them. Found a 2 inch propress ball valve in one, it was still in the package. I was like.... Hmm... What else could there be...

                        One of the conex's has a LOT of parts in it, and I started going through the packaged propress fittings. So far I have returned 1200 worth of fittings that we would have NEVER used. Since no one checks the yard for stock they just go buy new. Plus it was alot of 2 inch. And that is just the unbopened fittings I have returned. Not even going to talk about the full milk crate of loose fittings. There are 4 Sloan 952-1.6 flush valves, brass, that the boxes are rotting around the parts. BRAND NEW valves. Sitting...

                        The amount of parts just rotting away is absurd. I would guess there is probably 10k worth of crap just bio-degrading

                        I have restocked my van probably 6 times out of the yard last week. Found alot of awesome stuff, just, sitting...
                        Where is this Magical Yard?


                        J.C.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Morbid but profitable ...

                          Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          Where is this Magical Yard?


                          J.C.
                          Ahh, here I will tell you how to make your own. It takes around 20 years to fully set up. But the recipe is simple. Need 1, buy 6, and throw the extra ones in a connex and never touch them. then, in 20 years, you actually have a giant savings account. You just have to hire a accountant (apprentice that knows plumbing parts) to sort things out.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X