X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grohe and cifial You need good Tech .writers

Your instructions and illustrations are useless! I am doing a bath remodel with over $2200 worth of Hardware on the plumbing shower wall . The u shaped cifial tub spout weighs 7 lbs and comes out 6". I have to set the rough Nuts on ,with no adjustment ,in or out available! My customer is a structural Eng.! We can not believe the copper, and a useless wall anchor will give enough support. Both companys leave their customers guessing! How do You feel about this?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Grohe and cifial You need good Tech .writers

I have seen instructions that come in Grohe, my assumption was that by now the installer would have goofed up enough times to have the installation process and any other trial and error (such as the fixture ripping out of the wall when you look at it wrong) figured out already. Pros don't need instructions right?
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

How many cifial 7 lb. spouts have YOU plumbed?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Can't remember installing Cifial. Probably not.

Grohe instructions suck. Little bizarre explanations on jewelry paper.

J.C.

Comment

Kevin
          These support as well as anything I've dreamed up over the years. They can handle spouts, pot fillers or rain domes.
          Sioux Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
            Kevin
            These support as well as anything I've dreamed up over the years. They can handle spouts, pot fillers or rain domes.
            Sioux Chief
            Thanks Scott,good to hear. I will also solder a small copper support on the stub out screwed into blocking. Hate to think a slip and grab would rip out My good work.

Comment

If I was roughing in every day like some of You,I would have it down.Why does a kid,s
              $20.00 Christmas present have better instructions ?

Comment

I feel for you! I don't do much custom stuff so I get nervous even installing a plain delta valve for a tile job.

Last high end I did was an italian valve and diverter. If you put a nipple fron the valve to the diverter that would set the max depth on the valve to the minimum depth on the diverter. I used copper and put in a couple 45's to get it matched up. all I know is if the trim didn't go on and I had to pull tile. It might have cost me my life savings. I even set up 1 inch boards or what ever the tile guy says his depth will be and put the trim on to make sure.

But back to tools post. why? why in the world would they not make it so it was at the same depth? and why would they not say in the instuctions to watch out for that. Just to torture me I guess.

Comment

Tool
                  I agree with you on the instructions. The products are solid. I have two 13 year old take outs as my Kitchen sink faucet and laundry sink faucet. Both Grohe ladylux faucets. The only weak point is the plastic quick dissconect.
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    I was being sarcastic.

Comment

If it was easy, they never would call you.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        If it was easy, they never would call you.

J.C.
                        If HD sold those fixtures, there would be a TON of returns of so called defective product.

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                          If HD sold those fixtures, there would be a TON of returns of so called defective product.
                          My customer,friend is a ritired structual Bechtel engineer.
                          He calculated the moment arm of this 8" 6 lb. tub spout. very weak set up at best. He was one of the Engs. that designed the launch building ,that moves away from the rocket on tracks. Maybe You can look over His calcs.!

Comment

My customer,friend is a ritired structual Bechtel engineer.
                            He calculated the moment arm of this 8" 6 lb. tub spout. very weak set up at best. He was one of the Engs. that designed the launch building ,that moves away from the rocket on tracks. Maybe You can look over His calcs.!
                            I suppose you might be missing my sarcastic humor again, homeowners would think this is nice, buy it, ruin it trying to install it, shove it back in the box, say it leaked or some crap...

Comment

Working...
                            X