X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two more manufactures stick it to the trades:

Some of you probably have not heard of these guys, Floor & Decor Oulets, but in a few years you will.

These are the guys that started Home Expo with Home Depot years ago, and have now branched off to create this DIY tile and flooring store. Floor and Decor Outlets of America

We had a new branch open up in OC a week and half ago so I went in to check out there flooring prices and material availability compared against my wholesale suppliers.

Low and behold as I am walking around and to my surprise I find that Schluter and Wedi, (speciality tile applications material companies) are selling there products in this store.

And to think last year we went to a 3 day training seminar for Schluter, and a one day training for WEDI so that we could be certified to install there products.

Re: Two more manufactures stick it to the trades:

I started studying tile years ago when when I helped someone on their project once and because I couldn't recommend anyone for tile. Seemed everyone sucked at it to me.

Still don't know much about it. But did find Ditra and Schluter before anyone I know around here. Anyway, the Ditra mat is now in HD as well. Found it a couple of weeks ago.

J.C.

Comment

Remodeled and tiled my bathroom almost two years ago. Bought the orange Schluter mat at Home Depot, worked great.

Comment

I have 2 MK tile saws but give it out to an old Marine Buddy. Just unloaded the Schulter membraine and tile today.Pretty the Chinese tradesman will just come over and do it all!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

no surprise. Every company goes where they think they can make the most money. there is no such thing as loyalty anymore. If a company says its loyal to the trade, usually its a lie of the moment
          Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Aren't we being a little hypocritical? Two posts up we are talking about "hack plumbers" and now we are talking about plumbers doing tile work. How about it Alpha Cowboy--does this mean it is OK for you to do plumbing?

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
              Aren't we being a little hypocritical? Two posts up we are talking about "hack plumbers" and now we are talking about plumbers doing tile work. How about it Alpha Cowboy--does this mean it is OK for you to do plumbing?
              The world of business is full of "do as I say, not as I do".
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                I think you need to be aware of certain companies and what they can do. Not everyone that posts here is limited to doing plumbing. Plumbing may be a part of the overall trades they perform.

Comment

Working...
                X