X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Curbless showers , any thoughts ??

Pressure treated lumber ,[arsenic], should not be used indoors, it out gases toxic fumes.
    I would be concerned for pregnant woman and their fetus !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Pressure treated lumber ,[arsenic], should not be used indoors, it out gases toxic fumes.
      I would be concerned for pregnant woman and their fetus !
      Thanks tool. Do they still use arsenic in the majority of treated lumber?

J.C.

Comment

Where I trade stickers say so. But you can get salt treated, or use redwood
        Last edited by toolaholic; 09-23-2011, 12:14 AM.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          Where I trade stickers say so. But yoe,be,u can get salt treated or use redwood
          If you really wanted to split hairs or start an argument, P.T. lumber when used as the bottom plate of an exterior wall still has one side facing inside and is exposed to inside air. Very seldom have I seen Sheetrock (improperly) installed all the way to the floor, only when it was a homeowner or really piss poor hack.
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

This consideration was brought up to Me about 20 years ago by two architects. This was a remodel they were drawing for Me. The floor joists were going to be close to the dirt.

Comment

Working...
            X