X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water services

Curious about your local areas, The major city I work in not only maintains the meter and pit, but 5 foot of piping downstream of that meter. The other cities surrounding that city, make the downstream meter union the homeowners responsibility. Others make the union on the bottom of the yoke the start of the customers responsibility, How is it where you work?
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Re: water services

Every supplier here says the homeowner/business owns it from the outlet of the meter yoke.

J.C.

Comment

Anything after the meter stop is the customers here, except the meter of course.
      OKC and surrounding areas.

Comment

I don't know of a city in Southern California that does not make it the Customers responsibility from the meter outlet Union to point of use.

Comment

we have no uniformity, one town only owns the stop on the yoke, and the meter itself, but the yoke is the customers problem, another town takes care of everything up to the outlet like JC said.

What got me thinking about this was a building I went to Downtown today. The service line is leaking, but the service line is only 5 foot long, type K copper, no telling how old. In this case, the city owns the service and will be out later in the week to cut out the sidewalk and replace the first 5 foot of the service "which is only 5 foot long, the meter is 3 foot from the side of the building" The interesting part to me is that even though they own that 5 foot, if it's leaking from the outside of the foundation onward, it becomes the customers responsibility to repair it.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

If it makes the meter spins....the customer is responsible...
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Here in my area, the Water company is responsible from the street to the curb cock.

After the curb cock, it's the customers responsibility.

Comment

Working...
              X