Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inspector does not know his code

Originally posted by stolen View Post
    I thought the concern was the paper backing on the sheetrock was, just flammable enough to classify it to be combustible?
    That is what I was told anyways, which if that is the case pisses me off to no end since I have torched several pieces of sheetrock only to burn the paper, but the flame didn't carry at all. Plus, if the b vent is getting that dam hot, you have bigger problems. I could cut some b vent in half, lay it on sheetrock and build a fire in the b vent, and it still wouldn't catch. I could put my torch on the b vent, burn a hole through the metal, and burn the paper on the sheetrock and it still, wouldn't catch.

And, what water molecules are in sheetrock? Isn't the point of that stuff, to be dry?

I think it's a BS code. But it's not worth the time or effort.
    502.6 Combustible Material. As pertaining to materials adjacent
    to or in contact with heat-producing appliances, vent
    connectors, gas vents, chimneys, steam and hot water pipes,
    and warm air ducts, shall mean materials made of or surfaced
    with wood, compressed paper, plant fibers, or other materials
    that are capable of being ignited and burned. Such material
    shall be considered combustible even though flame-proofed,
    fire-retardant treated, or plastered. [NFPA 54:3.3.65.1]

Of course as we all know thanks to Ray Bradury, paper burns at Fahrenheit 451. That is quite a bit hotter than a B-Vent gets.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Really?

Funny thing is, you still changed it.

After reading all your pissing and whining, in the end, he owned you.

Thank god we don't have a hole inspectors like that here (or at least I haven't ran into them yet)
      Not sure I would challenge any inspector over something so small. They tend to have the power to leave these little red stickers, and if I have to make him think his **** doesn't stink, then by god by the time he leaves my inspection I will have him convinced he shits solid chunks of perfume.
      I changed it because that was the proper thing to do. My customer had a open trench at the edge of his property. The proper thing to do was to give the inspector what he wants and then go after him the legal way. I'm not going to hold my customers job up while we hash it out. Thats the professional thing to do and thats what I did.

What the inspector is going to own is his ignorance and the city is going to pay for it. Maybe when the city gets tired of paying for his mistakes they will do somthing about him. He can have his opinion but the code has the facts and thats what counts ultimately. The only way they can require a two way cleanout is if its written in the code......other places fittings are specified in the code. if a fitting is not specified i can use any fitting thats meets the definition of a proper cleanout. I did install a proper cleanout that met the code the inspector is just too stupid to understand or does not want to understand or a litttle of both.

People like you are the reason they act the way they do. Your scared,simple as that.
      Last edited by TheMaster; 09-24-2011, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Scared?

That's totally it. But, I pass inspections. And if he is inspecting your work, until the day he gets fired, since you wanted to be a colossal prick about it, he is going to be one back. And, until he gets fired, he is going to give you as much **** as humanly possible. As already stated most inspectors are fails that couldn't hack it as a plumber. And now you made one feel worse.

He was wrong, okay. It's not like you had to tear everything out to redo what he wanted, it was a 10 dollar fitting for crying out loud. And you said the city wants it that way so the idiots on the jetter truck have a easier time getting their hose down the line.

And you feel the need to make it harder on them, why? Are you that much of a A hole that because you can do it and someone else can't piss on them? If that is why the city wanted it, and my inspector asked for it, I would put it in happily. Of course, if he asked for it, I would do it anyways. Because...

Because, I don't **** where I eat. But good luck on your personaly holy crusade. If it is that, THAT worth it to you over something so small, then spend 5000 bucks to get 400 back. Then go to a therapist for some sort of stress relief.

Comment

I have been lucky for the most part ... I always use those POS 2 ways even if they are 6' Deep !

Most of the Inspectors here are pretty decent "regular Guys" Even had one fine me for something that was not

even wrong ...the city is starving and it was a way to generate revenue ... at least he used the wrong name on it ... LOL

I see him all the time and we get along fine It was a Jacked up Psyco "Hose Beast" caused that "Problem"

Comment

Had an inspector and he wanted me pull the plug on stack full of water,rough test ,one bath group on 2nd floor.pulled the plug and we both got drenched and I never had a problem with him again. Also I have never had a failed inspection just add on this or that no problem.
            Last edited by cincy plumber; 09-24-2011, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Scared?

That's totally it. But, I pass inspections. And if he is inspecting your work, until the day he gets fired, since you wanted to be a colossal prick about it, he is going to be one back. And, until he gets fired, he is going to give you as much **** as humanly possible. As already stated most inspectors are fails that couldn't hack it as a plumber. And now you made one feel worse.

He was wrong, okay. It's not like you had to tear everything out to redo what he wanted, it was a 10 dollar fitting for crying out loud. And you said the city wants it that way so the idiots on the jetter truck have a easier time getting their hose down the line.

And you feel the need to make it harder on them, why? Are you that much of a A hole that because you can do it and someone else can't piss on them? If that is why the city wanted it, and my inspector asked for it, I would put it in happily. Of course, if he asked for it, I would do it anyways. Because...

Because, I don't **** where I eat. But good luck on your personaly holy crusade. If it is that, THAT worth it to you over something so small, then spend 5000 bucks to get 400 back. Then go to a therapist for some sort of stress relief.
              I have principles......I see you dont. The water and sewer provider is NOT THE CITY....they are a private company that makes a profit. I dont care what THEY WANT....I dont CARE WHAT the inspector wants. I told them both that......the only thing that matters is whats in print on paper in the CODE. These Mofos cannot make the rules as they go and get away with it....and I'ma prove it to them.

This ONE inspector has F'd with the whole city for 15 years and its time to STOP IT. The only inspections i have failed were by him and they have all been over turned.....THIS ONE WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER TURNED IF THE PUNKS BOSS WOULD HAVE BEEN IN TOWN OR I COULD HAVE WAITED UNTIL HE CAME BACK.

I'm not going to re-do anything just because he asks me to if it meets the code and not push back.......thats this inspectors whole problem...HE THINKS HE CAN DO WHAT HE WANTS AND NOTHING HAPPEN....WELL THIS TIME I'M WILLING TO GO THE EXTRA MILE WITH HIM.

These people work for the city....they are not GOD.

The idiot inspector should have opened the code book and read the rules........and then passed the work. If they need to add or ammend the rules then fine with me......but he cant go around enforcing a code thats not on the books at the request of a private company..........and cost me money and time because of it. he stepped over the line in a couple ways and i'ma make him pay.

You can be a biotch boy if you want but I'ma grown azz man. I'll look this inspector and any other inspector in the eyes and go to battle........I know the F'n code. I've schooled them all on code.

Comment

The water and sewer provider is a private company like I stated above. The only reason this inspector wants a two way cleanout is so this PRIVATE COMPANY can clean sewers FROM THE SIDEWALK BACK TOWARD THE HOUSE BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT BONDED TO WORK ON PRIVATE PROPERTY AND THAT MEANS THEY CANT ACCESS THE EXISTING TWO WAY CLEANOUT AT THE BUILDING SEWER/BUILDING DRAIN JUNCTION.

ITS NOT IN THE CODE THAT ITS REQUIRED.......THE PRIVATE WATER AND SEWER PROVIDER REQUESTS IT. THATS BECAUSE THEY ALL KNOW ITS NOT A CODE THAT A TWO WAY MUST BE USED.

THE INSPECTOR REFUSED TO FOLLOW THE RULES THEY MADE.........THAT COST ME MONEY AND IN TURN IS GOING TO COST THE CITY MONEY BECAUSE I'MA FILE A CLAIM AND IF ITS NOT PAID I'M GOING TO COURT WITH IT. THATS MY RIGHT AND THATS WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

TYPICAL GOVERMENT AND IT NEEDS TO STOP.

Comment

Scared?

First off the fitting cost more than 10.00. Second....it cost me 350.00 in lost labor by the time I gave him what the code didn't ask for.

So if its only 10.00 why dont you cut me a check.......its nothing so go ahead and send it to me. 350.00 is really nothing either......so go ahead and send me 360.00 and I'll only ask for 40.00 from the city.

Point being you dont decide whats "Not much" unless your willing to come out of your pocket with it.

Just like you dont owe the money I didn't owe that inspector anything...I met the code but the a-hole doesn't follow his own rules.

Comment

We all owe Master on this one! We are the ones to follow,and Just may be treated fairly because
                    He didn't bend over for this incompetent!
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

S.F. WINGNUT PLUMBING INSPECTOR. On the gas feed coming in " I want a 6 drip leg on every 90 turn". "On the 1/2" copper shower head riser how will You address the stagnant water sitting
                      there ? W.T.F. Dan S. I was told they keep him in the office for His own Protection. No, I didn't
                      bend over either.
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Most of the inspectors I have delt with were good guys and I knew the head inspector,if you work with the people that are going to look at your work you will be much gooder.
                        I say this because if you piss them of the first time it will come back to haunt you.

Comment

This thread is a prime example of how goverment over steps its bounds and interferes with private business. I pay money to conduct business and that business was stopped with disregard for the law and the code.

This inspector doesn't realize how deep my pockets are. He probably thinks like the others i will just drop it because its going to cost me a little money. I've always been the type if I want somthing I get it and this time I want the city to be held responsible for this jerks actions and thats whats gonna happen.

This has been going on for 15 years on and off........he picks a few plumbers each year to harrass is what it looks like until they make complaints on him......then he moves on to the next. well he is running out of plumbers to harrass and the list is starting to repaeat every few years. The F'n jig is up for him now.
                          Last edited by TheMaster; 09-24-2011, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy plumber View Post
                            Most of the inspectors I have delt with were good guys and I knew the head inspector,if you work with the people that are going to look at your work you will be much gooder.
                            I say this because if you piss them of the first time it will come back to haunt you.
                            All of the inspectors I have dealt with have been great guys except this one. Every plumber in the city has the same opinion of him that I have talked to. Even homeowners have complained about this inspector. Same inspector got written up for throwing a bananna peel out of his city inspector car window while sitting at a redlight. Just shows you what kinda person he is......IGNORANT.

I cant wait to get te complaintt file on him.....its public information and I have a right to see the complaints against him to show a pattern of actions.

This isn't the first time for him to act like this.....no matter what you do this inspector has a problem......if its not in the code then he makes it up. He is a F'ing idiot and I'ma tell him that the next time I see him face to face. I dont care what he does or doesn't do about it.

Comment

I've been polite, and I've went off some. Polite didn't help for the moment or the future.

It sounds like some of you haven't dealt with a nut like this. You know what happens when you're polite with people like this? They think it's ok and will do it every time. If the area TM is working in does not have a written amendment the day of the inspection, they absolutely cannot enforce it.

You know why? There has to be a standard. And without it, you go to the next job and a different inspector fails you for the exact same work you did the other day that passed. You'd have one requiring an backwater valve, another one an extra cleanout, then some other guy requiring RPZ's on every house.

J.C.

Comment

Yeah, I think the point is across and it shouldn't be beat to death. Good luck TM. Post back the result if you want.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X