X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything I ever wanted to know about re-piping - Thanks Gmail

The following ad link: REPIPE 1, Inc. is #1 in Quality, Service & Price-(866) REPIPE-1 appeared right above my Gmail inbox.
    It's reassuring to know that a non-human is reading my email, and providing ads to me that reflect my interests.
    I wonder what else its doing? Is it 1984 yet?

As for the ad, I'm going to use the Wirsbo/Uponor video and embed it on my web page. Its a pretty good training tool.

This California Company advertises a whole house re-pipe for $3699.00 in pex.
    Is this price too high or too low for your part of the country.

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about re-piping - Thanks Gmail

I guess it depends on the size of the house but that is a bit high for pex on a average home in my part of the country.

Comment

I'd do a 2 bath single story for that.

But. I don't like re pipes so I'd rather not. Maybe they will use someone else and I can get back to riding around in the truck wondering why I am not doing the re pipe..

Comment

If I still had to crawl under houses to do re-pipes in California I would charge DOUBLE that amount. Luckily I no longer have to. Mostly all basement here and that price is about right for this area.

Comment

It depends on what that covers I have a friend that does repipe in Vancouver and there company cuts the holes does the pipe redrywalls and finish sands and paints . Leaving it like they were never thwre. If that's what there advertising that sounds cheap if there just cutting holes and replacing pipe with pex that's it . That sounds expensive .especially if there keeping all the copper . I dont believe in flat rates you have to look at each job or cover your *** with a high price.

Comment

They're not getting any work around here.
            Throw 3 $80.00 a day monkeys in the house and charge-em $1,800.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              They're not getting any work around here.
              Throw 3 $80.00 a day monkeys in the house and charge-em $1,800.
              Somebody wont shop around and will pay...
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                Somebody wont shop around and will pay...
                I agree,Unfortunately homeowners around here know that 99% of the trades contractors are going to back a bus up the driveway and have a bunch of "Whatevers" jump out to gangrape the job...Showing up afterwards in shorts and sandals to pick up the final check.

Comment

Working...
                X