X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B vent cap on 4"c.i. Vent stack ?

Neighbor called this Morn. Garbage disp. sink blocked. Good thing i decided to attack from roof vent. He also said He has a sewer smell from bath. I look over and see He had placed a b vent cap on main stack! Didn't want animals in house He said. REMOVED told Him to give it a couple days to check smell or no smell. Smelly? Wax ring and Maybe spacer. New tile floor. You all are great teachers,Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: B vent cap on 4"c.i. Vent stack ?

Yep, new tile floor always points to a low closet flange. The installer probably didnt use enough wax and when you pull the toilet you will probably find it isnt even squashed. if they use spacers, they dont silicone or wax between them, seen this also. on top of all that hackery they dont caulk the toilet!
    Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

New tile floor....Your insight serves you well tool.
      The 4" vent is a great end of run cleanout.It also serves as the main vent for the system.But if you can reach your required vent through roof area equaling the 4" building main with the other vents on the roof you may be able to put the cap back on.

Comment

Any animal that crawls down a 4" sewer vent will never make it into the house alive. If rodents were inclined to do so, it would be the talk or forums like this one would.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
          Any animal that crawls down a 4" sewer vent will never make it into the house alive. If rodents were inclined to do so, it would be the talk or forums like this one would.
          Got a few stories of squirel stoppages on this forum.I think All Clear and Okie Bill are leading the stats.Not 100% sure though

Comment

a hand full of years back i pulled a rat or mouse with my k39 out of a 2'' lav, tub, shower line that entered from a 1.5'' roof vent. i was so impressed with my catch i brought it home and then showed it off to my buddy steve while it was safely in a zip lock transported outside my car, tucked under the wiper blade. joey wouldn't allow the catch in the car or house, even in the bag.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Customer is somewhat handy,But just doesn't have a clue about plumbing.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Got a few stories of squirel stoppages on this forum.I think All Clear and Okie Bill are leading the stats.Not 100% sure though
                Of course we have to have Ricky in the chase.

Comment

adam, out of the thousands and thousands of drains i've snaked, as far as i know, this was the only time i actually retrieved a critter. white mice don't count

how about you

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    adam, out of the thousands and thousands of drains i've snaked, as far as i know, this was the only time i actually retrieved a critter. white mice don't count

how about you

rick.
                    You Two play nice or I'll send You both to bed barefoot ! My older Brother use to say this to His 2 Lil. boys. They'd say" OK DADDY" Good Memories.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      You Two play nice or I'll send You both to bed barefoot ! My older Brother use to say this to His 2 Lil. boys. They'd say" OK DADDY" Good Memories.
                      What kind of threat is that??? OF course that threat takes on a new meaning if their bedrooms were say across the driveway and you were out there breaking glass bottles and spreading 1/2 roofing nails...
                      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

O-Kay Daddy O'TOOLE

Comment

Customer is somewhat handy,But just doesn't have a clue about plumbing.
                          Yeah alot of people dont have a clue about plumbing. It takes years to learn it properly and alot of people just dont spend the time or care enough about the trade to learn and perform the work correctly.

Comment

Working...
                          X