X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solder

Paid $36.00 for a roll of Solder today from Ferguson.

We raised our prices today the moment we hit Ferguson's parking lot.

That is all.

Re: Solder

And customers ask me why there is a Gas, Solder, Flux charge on the invoice.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post

That is all.
      Something is wrong with your relationship with your supply house.
      My branch managers are comfortable looking at the soles of my boots on their desks while we discuss daily events mixed with family matters.They are good people I love messing with.

The whole serious business thing makes me laugh and the branch managers know this."I know how much you pay,so let's get to it"
      I am not a large volume purchaser.Just an honest man looking for a fair deal.

$36.00 a roll.It would behoove you to use me as your purchasing agent.
      Gimme this guys phone number...He'll never know where I got it.

Comment

Wow, I get lenox 95/5 for $20 a roll. If I were getting gouged like that I'd start using regular old hardware stores, and ordering my bulk items online.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
          Wow, I get lenox 95/5 for $20 a roll. If I were getting gouged like that I'd start using regular old hardware stores, and ordering my bulk items online.
          Flux,
          I came back in the house to suggest the same,you shop around for the price of your favorite solder then buy a case...25-50 LBS.min.

Sorry Mo-Mo,
          Lennox flows funny for me

Comment

It flowed funny for me too until I switched to a B tank. the acetylene torch tips made all the difference.
            what brand did you switch to? I'll give it a shot if I can readily source it.

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            Flux,
            I came back in the house to suggest the same,you shop around for the price of your favorite solder then buy a case...25-50 LBS.min.

Sorry Mo-Mo,
            Lennox flows funny for me
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post

That is all.
              What kind did you buy? Stay-Brite 8

Comment

20 a roll, 36, 56, 106, it doesn't really matter. My current roll has lasted 4 months.

But. My customers buy my solder anyways.

Anyone know how long a roll is? And how long a piece of solder a 1/2, 3/4, and 1 inch fittings take?

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
                  20 a roll, 36, 56, 106, it doesn't really matter. My current roll has lasted 4 months.

But. My customers buy my solder anyways.

Anyone know how long a roll is? And how long a piece of solder a 1/2, 3/4, and 1 inch fittings take?

My fittings don't take any solder.

Comment

think that's bad. try buying 15% silver rod.

when i was t-drilling i would get 50# at a time and the brinks truck would deliver it with an armed guard

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

James, I think it was aqua solder.

Adam, when we use to do new work in the 80's & 90's we were spending close to $15,000 a month at the supply house, and some of those contacts are still in the area. We always buy bulk even though we are a 2 man shop, but we are going to have to get serious on the solder issue here. Ferguson has been out of the ball park with it's prices lately, and it's been forcing us to buy elsewhere.

I probably shouldn't complain too much though, considering I got over $400.00 worth of Moen cartridges(1222 & 1225) for free today from ferguson.

It just seems lately that we are working for the supply houses and not ourselves. We have not had a price increase on service in 10 years...it's time.

Comment

Well stolen I believe a half inch fitting takes a half inch of solder and a three quarter takes a three quarter inch peice ect ect.. I used lenox didn't care for it I do use there flux thou I usually use aqua... Floss maybe something aqua I pay 24.99 at my local building supply " they order it thru my wholesaler thou. Seanny

Comment

I just talked to my Wolverine Brass rep yesterday. He said they are running an end of month special on solder. Canfield I think.

I use only use Bridgit solder by Harris. Seems to flow the best for me. I use MAPP with turbo torch

Comment

look at this $62 a roll

we pay $30 a roll
                            Solder, 95/5,1 lb. Roll, Lead FREE , LENOX-WS15018 | eBay
                            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                              look at this $62 a roll

we pay $30 a roll
                              Solder, 95/5,1 lb. Roll, Lead FREE , LENOX-WS15018 | eBay
                              Charlie, the person who buys that roll of solder should be horse whipped on National TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X