X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 154, p tubing cutters ?,

Just purchased a ridgid cutter I beleive its the 154, p equipped with the plastic wheel, purchased it for a sewage press I am doing the plumbing for almost all schedule 80 pvc " that s what the village spected",kinda of dissapointed to realize the cutter wheel isn't deep enough to cut the schedule 80,pipe mostly 3" and some 4", and a shwack of 1" anyways does anyone know if they make a deeper plastic wheel. I know most guys would use a chop saw and yes I have two So I could but I like strapping a length to the tristand and cutting to the sixteenth if required I hate the shavings from a chop saw cutters leave no debry. Anyways just doing a pass with the cutters and finishing it with my pvc handsaw. Ps the reed deburring tool kicks *** 1.25" to 4" a must have Thanks seanny

Re: 154, p tubing cutters ?,

Be sure you got the right wheel for plastic.

You need a E-2156, part no. 31657.

Also the handle knob may be reversed. There should be a "PE" & "PVC"

notation visible on the inside. Those cutters can handle from 1 1/2" to 4".

Comment

Big Jim is correct.
      Another cutter wheel you can use for PVC is the E-5299, catalog number for the wheel is 33180. Also, the Models 151-154 have a reversible knob. The knob is designed to stop the cutter wheel short of the rolls. Orient the "PE PVC" out for plastic and the "CU" out for copper.

Comment

Which deburring tool are you using?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

This is what I use. Thought I would give a scale picture for some. Not good if you need swinging room. Real good if you want less cleanup. That reamer fits in the handle.

Attachment

J.C.
          Attached Files

Comment

A reed deburring tool it actually bevels or chafers the outside " the lip the cutter can leave " I use it on all plastic it has grooves for inch and a quarter up to four inch just love it.. il take a photo.

Comment

Deb4?

J.c.

Comment

The cutter said equipped with a plastic wheel had handle right way the cutting wheel actually bottoms out before its thru the pipe wall unfortunetly..?

Comment

Seanny, Take the cutter wheel out and look at the model number stamped into it. I took a picture of a cutter from a 156 cutter, but they are labeled the same way. The stock cutter wheel for the 154-P is the E-2156. It has a .412" blade exposure. There is also an accessory blade E-702 (cat no 33210) with a .500" exposure that is specifically listed for heavy wall PVC and ABS.
                  Attachment Attachment
                  Attached Files

Comment

My wheel says e 2191 ? But the cutter says equipped with special wheel for cutting plastic pipe and tubing ? Just bought it brand new? And yes the deburring tool is a n deb4 reed I love it .. Thanks for all the help

Comment

Yours is a steel cutting blade with 0.292" of blade exposure. Can't explain why your cutter has a blade for steel pipe, but I just took a cutter with the stock E-2156 blade and cut a piece of Sch 80 4" PVC. It cut all the way through with blade to spare.

Comment

Seanny, did you ever come up with the cutter wheel you were looking for?

Comment

Thanks for asking bmitch i called thé wholesaler i bought it From and they ordered thé right wheel be here on thursday So no complaints Thanks for again for figuring that out for me i was confused... Cheers seanny

Comment

Working...
                          X