• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 AO Smith Water heater

Anyone seeing failures ?

Electric

Re: 2007 AO Smith Water heater

I'm the A.O. Smith tech for Fresno and I haven't ran into any electric failures. However most heaters out here are gas.

Comment

Can't remember the exact year but was right about that era. Had a couple of residential units start to arc at the lower element. Both I think were low-boys.

Comment

Stopped using the AoSmith, State, Reliance garbage a long time ago. All I remember is problems problems problems. Only use Bradfords now, Ahhhh peace. Can't tell you anything in particular, just remember problems all the time.

Comment

Fused Thermocouples ^&#^&*%*I%#^$

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
          Stopped using the AoSmith, State, Reliance garbage a long time ago. All I remember is problems problems problems. Only use Bradfords now, Ahhhh peace. Can't tell you anything in particular, just remember problems all the time.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Seen premature failures on electrics, an awful designed FVIR system, finicky PowerVent/Hot Surface ignitor systems, etc.

A.O Smith and State once made something decent. Now they seem to come up with engineered messes or planned early failure.

I won't use their product.

J.C.

Comment

This morning I had to light the pilot on my Smith of about that vintage. Should I be worried?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                This morning I had to light the pilot on my Smith of about that vintage. Should I be worried?
                I would lean towards yes. Have their thermocouple assembly ready.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                X