X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cutaway Van

What a hellacious past 2 days for me, as I was cleaning out my truck finally, and boy did I piss and moan every step of the way! The truck was a 2003 Cutaway Van (Stahl body dually wheels) and all I have to say is, NEVER let a truck that big get overwhelmed with stuff as you will pay for it in the long run. But it was my own fault, as I never let my truck get that bad!! But, I didn't want to touch the stuff twice, because I knew we were getting a new truck.

I forgot to take a picture, but no lie, I must of pulled out 60-80lbs of clean #1 copper. The pile was so high, it literally took me 30 minutes to put it either in my scrap pile or to the side for future use. I mean..wtf was I doing with a 10' piece of 2"L on the truck?

But anyways, we decided on a 2012 E-350 Cutaway with a Reading Aluminum body. (single wheel).

Here are some pictures below, and as of right now, I went from the dirtiest to the cleanest truck on the forum.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Flux; 09-30-2011, 12:08 AM.

Re: New Cutaway Van

That's a really nice van. And sell the large copper unless you run into it all the time. End up holding it forever because you just know you'll use it. Could have the money.

J.C.

Comment

Thats a nice looking rig! I looked at trucks/vans like that when I bought mine just not sure how to haul full lenghts of pipe on it. So went with regular utility bed. But that rig will have a lot more storage.

Comment

Does john kennedys have a lot of them

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          That's a really nice van. And sell the large copper unless you run into it all the time. End up holding it forever because you just know you'll use it. Could have the money.

J.C.
          I was sitting here just now trying to think of why I did have that 2" L on the truck. About 6-7 years ago we had to make a repair in a high rise, and that copper had to be for that, as I don't run into 2" L at all. I may scrap it...but then again once I do, I'll freaking need it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thGenPlumber View Post
            Does john kennedys have a lot of them
            Kennedy Ford has the dually wheeled version of this truck - also a box without outside compartments - and the low profile reading box. They have 1 or 2 other styles I think as well.

They also have a few of the open boxed reading bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Killing time View Post
              Thats a nice looking rig! I looked at trucks/vans like that when I bought mine just not sure how to haul full lenghts of pipe on it. So went with regular utility bed. But that rig will have a lot more storage.
              I can carry 10' sections on either side with the little trap doors you see on the back of the truck. I also could of gotten the roof racks on top, but I would of needed the ladder on the back installed as well.
              Last edited by Flux; 09-30-2011, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Flux if you don't mind me asking how much $ did it set you back. I have a 2006 e350 with a supreme body with outside boxes like yours but the roof leaks. I had it fixed once but it still leaks. What is the box made of metal or wood.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thGenPlumber View Post
                  Flux if you don't mind me asking how much $ did it set you back. I have a 2006 e350 with a supreme body with outside boxes like yours but the roof leaks. I had it fixed once but it still leaks. What is the box made of metal or wood.
                  Sticker on the truck was $42,000 (and some change), and they discounted it down to $37,000. They gave us $8,500 for my 2003 cutaway and my father squeezed another $1,400.00 out of them as well. My dad was under $30,000 on the road with tax and tags.

The dually wheeled Version of this truck (Aluminum box) is like another $1,000.00...I mean the price was so close to mine. Your 2006 will fetch a little more money than my 2003 did.

My Box is Aluminum and I will never go back to a steel body because of the winter's we get. We wanted the single wheel because we didn't like dually wheel, and we wanted to be under 10,000lbs for registration.

My dad tried to push me to a Spartan body, but the fiberglass scared me, and I heard from others not to get it because it cracked easily.

If you need a contact for Kennedy...I graduated one with of the salesmen, or I could give you the name of the guy who sold this to us.

Comment

Thanks for the info Flux.

Comment

nice truck
                      this type of truck would not work for me because i would put to much stuff in it ,i like to have every thing with me even if i only need it 1 time a year .
                      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Why a van body instead of a pickup cab w/ cutaway box behind it?

Comment

congrats flux must be nice to finally clean out your old truck if im not mistaken you were using bungy cords to hold the doors shut... or something along those lines if my memory serves that a beauty truck i can only dream one day....hopefully anyways thanks for the pics.. its nice to see how other guys get around.

Comment

I like all the little ratholes all down the sides and in the back, lots of places to stash stuff. Nice rig.

Comment

Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
                              Why a van body instead of a pickup cab w/ cutaway box behind it?
                              We were never a fan of those types of trucks...just a personal preference.

Plus, we always take what's on the lot versus ordering a truck to spec.

Comment

Working...
                              X