X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special venting for island fixtures

how do you guys do a "Barbers loop" as i was taught to call it the code book shows a couple methods but iv seen a few different variations just curious what your inspectors like, and what you like "usually quite different"

Re: special venting for island fixtures

This is my understanding of one.....but I don't do new construction or remodeling...just service...so I've only see it like once or twice......

My photo won't load so I will give the link of the photo and some discussion on it...

Popular plumbing problem solving and remodeling DIY discussion advice forum site.
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

We normally run a three inch pipe up under cabinet then run a vent of at nearest wall. Then install a 3 by 1 1/2 sani cross to tie in sink and off the top raise it up and install a cleanout cap. Basically a combination waste vent system.

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
        This is my understanding of one.....but I don't do new construction or remodeling...just service...so I've only see it like once or twice......

My photo won't load so I will give the link of the photo and some discussion on it...

Popular plumbing problem solving and remodeling DIY discussion advice forum site.
        Except for a cleanout at the fixture and one at the vent stack (making sure all fittings used on the vent below flood rim are drainage fittings), looks good to me. UPC refers to this situation as Island Fixture Venting, as SD's thread title suggests.
        Last edited by Plumbus; 10-01-2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X