Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What can a homeowner do?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    I do not know. It may not and not going in the book tonight. Is there a reason that you specifically want to prove that a person has to be licensed to do plumbing for another?

Thanks.

J.C.

We've been down this road before. I think we both know the answer to that. Don't feed them, their heads might explode!

Comment

Its all in the the Plumbing Law and Regulations. Look up Oklahoma Plumbing Law on google and you should find what you need. All ADA stuff can be found online too. As well as in my 2009 IPC Commentary. Don't get the regular code book. Always get the commentary.

Construction Industries Board - Rules and Regulations
      Will Rogers Plumbing
      Moore, Oklahoma
      (
      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

No specific reason for me wanting to know where it exactly says, other than my own curosity.

And Ranger, if the state won't let anyone other than plumbers install anything plumbing related, then how the hell are they selling fittings to non plumbers? That would be like me selling perscription drugs to people. And just assuming they are giving them to people with perscriptions.

I wish it was like that here, I would spend all my free time grilling the local parts houses about selling things to people that can not even install them legally.

Comment

I'm not sure why the argument. It's true and it's a widely well known fact especially on this forum.
          There is no law against selling fittings, just like I can buy just about any kind of medical equipment I want. Doesn't mean I can do brain surgery in my living room!

Comment

Stolen I presume you want to go for your license that's why you purchased a code book and have asked so many questions around here in the last couple months. The only advice I will give you is do it the right way, there is a process. Don't get caught moonlighting, if you do you will throw your chance of a license out the window. Good luck.

Comment

Post number 665, oh oh!

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                I'm not sure why the argument. It's true and it's a widely well known fact especially on this forum.
                There is no law against selling fittings, just like I can buy just about any kind of medical equipment I want. Doesn't mean I can do brain surgery in my living room!
                Makes me laugh. Wait, does that mean I have to stop the dental work?

J.C.

Comment

Comment

Makes me laugh. Wait, does that mean I have to stop the dental work?

J.C.
                    I think the code says it's ok as long as you're using the Channellocks #480 pliers!

Comment

No, I am a licensed journeyman.

And I know the argument is old about home depot, but if it was like that in my state, it would be a different story. Don't you have to have some sort of license to buy r-12? What is the difference there? And why can't minors buy beer? They certainly can't "install" it.

And I ask questions because some things I don't know. And really don;t care what people think, I want to know. And will happily ask people things. In public, and private. I emailed the chief inspector of OKC to see if he could shed some light on some of my questions.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                        I think the code says it's ok as long as you're using the Channellocks #480 pliers!
                        I can tell you are an apprentice living room dentist. Linesman Pliers.

I do get some complaints about the torch though.

J.C.

Comment

I can tell you are an apprentice living room dentist. Linesman Pliers.

I do get some complaints about the torch though.

J.C.
                          Torch for root canals, or do you use it for caps? And just use a cordless drill with a paddle bit for root canals?

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
                            Torch for root canals, or do you use it for caps? And just use a cordless drill with a paddle bit for root canals?
                            You have to work for a living room dentist for at least two weeks then sit for your license at a Love's Truck Stop. Then we can talk dental "code" more.

J.C.

Comment

You have to work for a living room dentist for at least two weeks then sit for your license at a Love's Truck Stop. Then we can talk dental "code" more.

J.C.
                              Do you use the temporary packing or do you just fill em with lead and be done with it old style? Some guys use silver solder but not me. I use the New Dental ProPress and brass! Speaking of Old Style, ever try that stuff?

Hey Stolen glad to hear you're a Journeyman Plumber. I thought previously you said you don't have a license and work in some kind of maintenance for some company? Maybe I was thinking of someone else, my apologies if I was. Going for your Master License in the future?

Comment

J.C.

You living room dentists think you're better than everyone else don't you!!!!! Grrrr, you'll never be a living room brain surgeon like I am! LOL,

Comment

Working...
                                X