X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom freestanding bath?

Posted this on the renovators forum, might get a better answer to my stupid question. Does anyone know of a makers of freestanding baths? Need to get a custom built one or closest to 1510mm x 850mm max.

They want stone, not plastic.

Cheers, I'll keep hunting.

Re: Custom freestanding bath?

I googled "stone bathtubs" & got over million hits what's the problem. They aren't cheap & they ain't light.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.FUDD View Post
      I googled "stone bathtubs" & got over million hits what's the problem. They aren't cheap & they ain't light.
      I heard that!!!!
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Saw one at KBIS a few years carved out of a very, very big piece of quartz. Fit your description ("They aren't cheap & they ain't light") to a tee.

Comment

Ugh, take 10 grown men and lifting equipment to set something like that...

I seen a undermount cast iron jacuzzi tub once. It was going to the second floor. And the stairs weren't exactly easy to manuver, since they had a landing half way up, then turned back towards themselves.

You could probably find a clawfoot tub fairly cheap. They are beautiful if you pick the right faucet and have it installed by someone that knows their shiz.

Comment

are we talking solid stone, or cultured stone? a real solid stone tub would be Horrendously expensive, though I know they are available, you usually custom order them from a quarry.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I did a quick google search and those stone tubs are expensive as hell!! $18,000.00??

I've installed the fiberglass ones before, and they are a pain in the butt IMO.

Comment

Follow it up with a stone toilet and urinal and sink bowl, and you are all set. And they even make stone faucets. Just how wild you want to get hoss?!

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
                  Follow it up with a stone toilet and urinal and sink bowl, and you are all set. And they even make stone faucets. Just how wild you want to get hoss?!
                  I think "Hoss" has gone to town with "Little Joe,Pa and Adam"...Never saw enough of Adam myself...Where did he spend all his time?

Comment

Is this going in a man cave?
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

"stone throne" rock flapper ?
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                      X