Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schizophrenic Customer

Schizophrenic Customer

Called me about an outside hose bib ... Dog had ripped it out of wall ... was leaking

Customer was at work ... I called them with price ( advised them of savings if they fixed concrete , told them the hole would be 5 x 7 " ) ... upened up block did repair .

Returned to site to Collect check ... Customer says what's with the hole ? Then they asked me why I did not go under house into crawl space , cut it loose feed new pipe in from outside and then connect it under house ... House sure looked like a Slab and Block ...

Advised customer that my concrete guy would repair Concrete at a discounted rate If they wanted ... took check and left ...

I hate it when this happens ...

What would you guys do ?

Re: Schizophrenic Customer

Without seeing pictures of the situation, I probably would of done it the way the customer described.

Comment

Its called due dillegence not tying to be an a#s hole but dont ASSUME anything makes an *** out of you and me .. if the hose bib was ripped out didnt you have to turn water off?? Wouldnt the shut off be under the house? Anyways i would patch the blocks at no cost but then again my reputation is worth more then a couple hundred bucks... Live and learn daily but eh everyone makes mistakes and anyone that claims otherwise is either a fool or a liar.

Comment

eh, since you called and advised them that there would be a hole, and how big it would be, I wouldn't sweat it at all. Granted, I've only ever come across one hosebibb that connected in a slab, and it was a special kind of nightmare. So, I always assume a hose bibb connects in a crawlspace, or a stud pocket.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Did have to turn water off ... Here 99% of copper for hose bibs come out of the slab inside a block cell

This is rare ...

Comment

Well it was a piece of garbage install to begin with if a dog could tear it out. Go buy him one of them t rex sized bones, toss it to the dog and tell the customer his dog needs a hobby.

Comment

I love this forum for that hearing about the nightmares other guys have to deal with i cant even visualize a hose bib in slab.. why? Would you do that? Obviously the guy never did service thanks ... Running hose bibs inside cinder blocks is strange to me to ... Good luck remeber every assshole is a customer in our line of work

Comment

I have made mistakes.Then back pedal like a M/F'er to make it right with the person I may have inconvenienced.
                Thank goodness this was an easy one.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                  eh, since you called and advised them that there would be a hole, and how big it would be, I wouldn't sweat it at all. Granted, I've only ever come across one hosebibb that connected in a slab, and it was a special kind of nightmare. So, I always assume a hose bibb connects in a crawlspace, or a stud pocket.
                  There's truth to this...if you advised them of a hole in the wall...that would have been their opportunity to ask why or give more information....in this situation you gotta choice....give them some help or leave it be.....if you leave it you run the risk of losing this customer....if you help by offering them something you may save them as a customer....you gotta make that choice....don't wait to long tho....
                  Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                  You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

It's the location ... You guys can't have pipes inside blocks because of freezing ...the cell is still closed on the back side there was a male adapter sticking out of wall connected to a Galvanized 90 rising 18" to another 90 with a hose bib was NOT secured to wall ... 2 Dogs BIG Shepards !
                    Now the galvanized is secured to the wall with Conduit 2 hole straps :-) The guy is a renter ... on his way home he had to put his father in the hospital ... perhaps he was a little stressed with a lot to deal with ...

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
                    I love this forum for that hearing about the nightmares other guys have to deal with i cant even visualize a hose bib in slab.. why? Would you do that? Obviously the guy never did service thanks ... Running hose bibs inside cinder blocks is strange to me to ... Good luck remeber every assshole is a customer in our line of work

Comment

I would go to HD , get a 50 .lb bag of non-shrink grout & fix the hole. He did right by you in paying you. Now it's time to do right by him fix the hole. Easy fix in & out in an hour.

Comment

Florida water piping is a different animal
                        I see some faucets in the slabs,in a few of the fist slab houses around here they never thought it might need to be replaced
                        LOL I have to remember that quote all a$$holes are customers

Comment

Working...
                        X