Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I exhaust My dryer into hot water chimney ????

A water heater uses an atmospheric vent and is open at the bottom above the water heater. A dryer uses forced air, both have the possibility of killing someone with carbon monoxide poisoning. DO NOT EVER INSTALL A DRYER VENT INTO A WATER HEATER VENT. DON'T EVER EVEN THINK OF IT.

PLUS IF YOU EVER RUN INTO A GAS WATER HEATER WITHOUT A VENT YOU BETTER DAMN WELL INSTALL A VENT OR ELSE SHUT THEM DOWN AND CALL THE GAS COMPANY. THOSE ARE YOUR ONLY CHOICES IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by nobackfall View Post
      Really!? No vent on the GAS water heater at all!? Yikes oh friday! That is scarey!
      The W.H. is existing with a proper vent!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

A gas powered leaf blower works wonders on blowing out all of the lint though I'm not sure what effect it would have on the draft of the WH

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
          A gas powered leaf blower works wonders on blowing out all of the lint though I'm not sure what effect it would have on the draft of the WH
          W.H. DOESN'T GET TOUCHED! I use leaf blower on My own Dryer.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X