X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 years ago i did this

I was building new homes on Cape Cod. When I was running My floor Joists in the bathrooms, this is what I did. Doubled up parallel joist on outside tube edge. Also framed all bathroom joists 12" On Center.Learned this from My older Cousin,Thanks Jeff. Only takes a little effort and a few joists. Bathrooms have a serious live load!
    BIG JIM in a cast iron tub , ON SAT. Nite with HIS DUCKEY.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: 40 years ago i did this

How did you know her name was Duckey?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
      How did you know her name was Duckey?
      Because My Ducky calls Tool "Hot Tub Hubby "
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

" How did you know her name was Duckey? "
        Now that is funny!.

Comment

Also, what I do in all my rentals when it's time to replace a bathroom is frame up the walls around the tub 12" on centre...young tenants like to do "stuff" in the shower/tub, with their "friends".... the weigh of 2 people against a tiled wall can use an extra few studs!

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          I was building new homes on Cape Cod. When I was running My floor Joists in the bathrooms, this is what I did. Doubled up parallel joist on outside tube edge. Also framed all bathroom joists 12" On Center.Learned this from My older Cousin,Thanks Jeff. Only takes a little effort and a few joists. Bathrooms have a serious live load!
          BIG JIM in a cast iron tub , ON SAT. Nite with HIS DUCKEY.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemeng View Post
            Also, what I do in all my rentals when it's time to replace a bathroom is frame up the walls around the tub 12" on centre...young tenants like to do "stuff" in the shower/tub, with their "friends".... the weigh of 2 people against a tiled wall can use an extra few studs!
            Before they find Your Hidden Cameras, can You post some of those DUCKLINGS?

Comment

I hate it when the joists are 12" on center. Doubled up makes them equal to 10-1/2" oc. When hanging pipe in new construction you can't fit between them, so you have to flop around in the dirt or rat proofing. Ggggrrrrr!

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                I hate it when the joists are 12" on center. Doubled up makes them equal to 10-1/2" oc. When hanging pipe in new construction you can't fit between them, so you have to flop around in the dirt or rat proofing. Ggggrrrrr!
                We had full basements,and My plumbers wern't Girley Men!

Comment

If it's T and M, I don't care how hard the work is. But, if bid, working for free because of unforeseen difficulties is the pits.

Comment

Working...
                  X