Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navien boiler / ondemand water combo system

Has anyone by chance come across these yet ? -:- Navien America -:-
    I know what a pain the on demand water heaters are but im wondering if they possibley worked out the bugs before releaseing this. Please if youve come across let me know what you think.

Re: Navien boiler / ondemand water combo system

Basically a Quietside boiler. Me no likes, but the boss says he has to at least offer them to stay competitive.

Comment

Navien was so full of kinks the last time I "had" to put one in that I swore never again. Basically you can flip a coin and those were the odds if the one that was going in would work right or not. They had a lot of board issues that caused the fan to mix the fuel out of sink with the load demand. Customer support was less than helpful or friendly. They kept saying it was the gas pipe size to the unit. That was not possible as the gas pipe was 1-1/4" for 50' at 6.5"w.c....more than enough. I understand some people wanting to put them in and to those people I say Good Luck!

Comment

Triangle Tube came out with one also. I would not be hesitant to install it.

Comment

The Triangle Tube Excellence series is a solid combi heater. I have about 10 of them out there. The only thing I have found with this unit is power surge issues. Some of the power supplies here are a little less than stable. The TT has an issue with the capacitors in the control board not discharging quickly enough and causing errors on restart. A very simple, reliable fix is a 3 minute time delay relay. Infact of you call and whine to TT about a unit having issues, they will send you a complete delay relay with a service box. Once this was install on those units there has not been one more service issue.

Comment

Check out the new Triangle Challengers. Same style as the Quietside.

Comment

I hate tankless. Look at the exploded view parts diagram, hundreds of fittings and seals. Good f----ing luck serviceing that 10 years from now. Sure you got the sale but in ten years you just lost that customer for life. Who out there is proficient with repairing them? parts availability, yeah right. Customer support in the basement with no cell reception, problem! Them you will get the replace this first b.s. from tech suport. What the F do you mean "first". Great, You mean theres no diagnostic tool to tell 100% if this or that is bad, try this then try that.... If we sell this **** we are takeing part in relegating ourselves to become parts changers, oh with statistical probabilitys as to which one you change first...

Comment

Originally posted by money in jetting View Post
                I hate tankless. Look at the exploded view parts diagram, hundreds of fittings and seals. Good f----ing luck serviceing that 10 years from now. Sure you got the sale but in ten years you just lost that customer for life. Who out there is proficient with repairing them? parts availability, yeah right. Customer support in the basement with no cell reception, problem! Them you will get the replace this first b.s. from tech suport. What the F do you mean "first". Great, You mean theres no diagnostic tool to tell 100% if this or that is bad, try this then try that.... If we sell this **** we are takeing part in relegating ourselves to become parts changers, oh with statistical probabilitys as to which one you change first...
                I agree if you can't fix it...don't install it! That being said, tankless are not that bad to repair. A good multimeter and a digital manometer are about all you must have. A combustion analizer is really essential if you plan on installing any high efficient units. Many of the units have at least semi-self diagnostic capabilites to get you in the right direction. The worst repair I ever had on one was a Rinnai with a split heat exchanger. The repair required gutting the unit to nothing and rebuilding it. Yes it was a pain and Yes the unit is running fine today.

Comment

Working...
                X