Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Continuing Education CEU's for Plumbers - Masters and Journeyman Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuing Education CEU's for Plumbers - Masters and Journeyman

In the next 30 days I'll have 3 days of CEU's completed for 3 licenses I hold in my state. A dire necessity and this was made into law a few years ago.

How many hours are you required to have for each of your licenses, and what do you pay for the CEU program you have to attend?

2 of those 3 days slot a full day of time each. I'm sure it's not on a saturday either.

Usually involves meeting at a hotel room with one meal (pizza usually) and sitting all day.

This evening I get to attend a meeting for my backflow license that I've had since 1997. Amazing that it's been 14 years...

Curious to know what's coming at this meeting tonight,

It's in regards to the "future" of the program here locally. 2 other meetings got x-nayed this year because the program has been up in the air. It's financially solid but the state's division of water is trying to take over the program, or wipe it out essentially from what I heard.

All speculation at this point. They are not even charging us for this meeting which comes with dinner. That is unusual as there's always fees associated with it. I'll follow back later tonight.
    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 10-11-2011, 02:03 PM.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Continuing Education CEU's for Plumbers - Masters and Journeyman

Earlier in the year we did a drain cleaning training/maintenance session that lasted an evening. It counted for 2 CEUs, and was free. It was tied to a RIDGID Roadshow in Atlanta. The credits were through the Plumbing & Mechanical Association of Georgia.

A suprising number of people showed up, and I think many of them learned a lot. Anybody here on the forum that attended?

Comment

I have 6 hours for my P-1

A 2 day course every other year for my class 3 backflow license.

I am not sure what I will have if anything for my sp-ph license.

I believe in contuinuing ed. everything changes so fast in the industry, it is good for the trade and the tradesman. we change codes here every year, unlike when I was plumbing in Los Angeles, all the red tape caused the code to be adopted every 3 plus years.

I forgot to mention, no continuing ed is required for my C-36 or journeyman licnese that i hold in California
      Last edited by BizzyBeePlumbing,Inc.; 10-11-2011, 07:37 PM.
      Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

I have half a day for my backflow license every 3 years. That class is scheduled for december. Other than that they don't ask for Anything here.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

14 Hours here 1 day Real Snoozer ... I take the same class every 2 years ... Costs about a duce ...

Comment

My plumbing licenses do not require CEUs which I feel is a big mistake. My inspectors cards with ICC and IAPMO require 2-CEUs. I attend EDU-Code which is a 5-day course in Las Vegas and gives me 4-CEUs. In addition, I attend college classes which qualify and will give me another 300-CEUs this year. With all of the classes, books and parking permits it's about $2,000. I pay for it with my credit card online.

Mark
            Last edited by ToUtahNow; 10-12-2011, 02:22 PM.
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

About 2 weeks ago my license for Backflow Testing came by mail, no renewal fee. Since our backflow program is in limbo, and there's a significant surplus in our program, meetings will still continue (first one in april) and will still be required 6 CEU's for the license.

Even the subscription to backflow magazine quit sending invoices for books... that was 2 years ago and never required payment. I asked to be taken off the list for the membership to save money back to the program. It just seemed beneficial to hop online for any info/content that's needed.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

My CEU IS 4 HRS A WEEK OF THIS FORUM. And sneaking in back doors to plumb!
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Nothing in Minnesota, yet. It's coming soon. South Dakota requires four hours a year to renew license and I think the same for North Dakota.

Comment

Nothing is required in Arkansas. I have no problem with licensing or continuing education but only if there going to enforce the code.If the inspectors are not doing there job all of it is a waste of time and money.

Comment

Four hours annually here in Georgia. I take my classes online. I've even been known to have a football game on at the same time.

David

Comment

Working...
                      X