X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas pipe sizing, natural gas 1/4 lb.

In our area most homes have 3/4 " supply. I see extended runs stepping up to 1"
    for additional appliances. How does that work? We don't plumb for water that way.
    Thanks
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Gas pipe sizing, natural gas 1/4 lb.

Here's a topical discussion on another forum.
    Gas lines - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      In our area most homes have 3/4 " supply. I see extended runs stepping up to 1"
      for additional appliances.
      Funny. Most of the homes I do have 1-1/2" or 2" gas lines. Some even 3". Getting the gas utility to provide medium pressure is a pita in my area, though we occasionally do so, especially when the alternative is long yard piping runs of 3" or larger. Kevin, I'll bet a lot of those 3/4" lines you see are undersized.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
        Funny. Most of the homes I do have 1-1/2" or 2" gas lines. Some even 3". Getting the gas utility to provide medium pressure is a pita in my area, though we occasionally do so, especially when the alternative is long yard piping runs of 3" or larger. Kevin, I'll bet a lot of those 3/4" lines you see are undersized.
        Thanks Scott, Good point. They all had elec. stoves and elec dryers. Now they want to switch to Gas on these , and add gas logs and fire pits.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
          What the heck do they need a 3" gas line for? Thought it was warm in Calif? Are these mansions your talkin about. Heck I did a house that was about 7500 sq ft, had 6 furnaces and 2 boilers, & 3 clothes dryers, were the biggest appliances, & we need heat here for atleast 7 mos of the year, & I had a 2" gas main, with 1/4lb psi. Just askin, not being a smart ***? 99% of the homes around here have a 1" main max, & alot only have 3/4" mains.

Comment

Working...
          X