X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three inch pipe

Okay guys got a call today on toilet rocking. I go and pull the toilet and find that they stubbed up three inch pipe and put styrofoam around it to keep the concrete off the pipe. They then installed the flange which goes on the outside of the pipe. Well it broke where the johnny bolts go so someone installed a spanner flange. Now the whole side where the spanner flange is broke off. How do you fix this?

Re: Three inch pipe

Try this:

http://www.tallpaulsrentall.com/jackhammer.jpg

Comment

Canplast makes a three inch internal flange with a long street neck that goes in the pipe about four inchs use your internal cutters cut out the old flange chip the styrofoam out and fill it with sure crete put in street flange might work... I hate using them but with broken three inch flange not alot of options

Comment

are we assuming it's abs/ pvc pipe and you need to remove the flange without damaging the pipe?

there is actually a hole saw type of bit out now that cuts the fitting off and leaves the pipe fine.

also a little heat from a heat gun and you can chisel off the flange after cutting at least 3 score marks vertical with a sawzall from the outside towards the pipe.

cast iron is much easier as lead is easy to pull out from a joint.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Sorry yes it is pvc. Havent seen the new bit that is out that may be worth its weight in copper.

Seanny thanks I did know those did exist just hate to use them just really trying to figure out what everyone else does and why they dont make a code prohibiting three inch on water closets.

Comment

Rick, You know who makes the hole saw for this ???Sounds like another must have for the collection
            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

3" is legal here for toilets.Why do You feel It's a problem?
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                  Rick, You know who makes the hole saw for this ???Sounds like another must have for the collection
                  off the top of my head no

i can't remember the company. for some reason a pirannia comes to mind.

a real nasty looking holesaw.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

i guess my guess was a good guess

Pipe Parana | Step-By-Step Instructions For Use

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      3" is legal here for toilets.Why do You feel It's a problem?
                      Because when it breaks and with plastic flanges it will break it is almost impossible to fix right.
                      Its legal here as well but there is always a gap in the concrete that tapers so you cant get a saw blade in there to mike slits to get it off and never seems to be anchored to the floor due to the lack of concrete. I say spend a couple dollars more and use a 4x3 1/4 bend and stub up 4inch and let them pour concrete up to the pipe and install flange inside of pipe for easier fix later.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        i guess my guess was a good guess

Pipe Parana | Step-By-Step Instructions For Use

rick.

This tool seems really nice but would love to see one in real world use not strapped to a vise in a shop. Wondering if anyone out there in the forum has ever seen them or used them?

Comment

The real problem was the original plumber's attitude. I would never walk away leaving leaving something that hacked. I'm sure all His other work is the same quality!
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Killing time View Post
                            This tool seems really nice but would love to see one in real world use not strapped to a vise in a shop. Wondering if anyone out there in the forum has ever seen them or used them?
                            yes. They are OK, kind of pricey for the set when compared to wheeler-rex internal cutters. Easier to dull bit than with internal. Watch our for concrete, gravel,etc.

Comment

Obviously , The 3 or 4" Riser isn;t meant to structurally support the throne . Those ROUND holes on the flange go into concrete,pour rock or wood.If it ain't there,put it there. I Know the original plumber , His name is " VAN CRAPPER "

Comment

Working...
                              X