Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trap seal protection for floor sinks

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    adam, joey doesn't help me. she looks for my mistakes and points them out ot everyone.

as far as a shutoff valve goes. we can't install a shut off valve just for the trap primer. it has to also shut off other fixtures, such as a sink.

what they don't want is a shut off or adjusting screw just for the primer. too easy to defeat it and make it useless.

the best location for a trap primer is not behind an access panel that will be inaccessible for the most part. rather stub out like you would an angle stop and stub out 6''+ below for the discharge. saves the panel and allows for simple inspection and service when need be.

rick.
    Spell Check???
    I'm teasing Rick.

More than 6"...Conciensious plumber adds a union

Comment

never did the union, but did do a compression adapter on the outlet.

i think the whole idea is to make it very difficult to defeat the trap primer. a union would make it easier to remove and cap the little pisser.

i have a house i work at with 5 of them under 1 small panel all in the basement. have no idea what goes where. this is the same house with floor drains in the bathrooms on solid walnut hardwood. been flooded twice by the floor drains. slowly they will be removing the drains from the bathrooms upstairs.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Guys right click on My Mac mouse is spell check
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Adam
          Agreed, a future HO could nix the A/C (as well as replace a hose bib sans VB). But, in high end, rarely do I see people opting for conservation over comfort. These people generally don't even change light bulbs. That's what the help's for. And the help likes A-C.

Rick, have you ever installed a floor drain with a built in backwater valve?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
            Adam
            Agreed, a future HO could nix the A/C (as well as replace a hose bib sans VB). But, in high end, rarely do I see people opting for conservation over comfort. These people generally don't even change light bulbs. That's what the help's for. And the help likes A-C.

Rick, have you ever installed a floor drain with a built in backwater valve?
            no.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Not cheap, but a bargain compared to flood damage.

Comment

Working...
              X