Transitioning undergroung gas pipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transitioning undergroung gas pipe

On buried vinyl coated iron gas pipe how do You do Your risers?
    vinyl to daylight,Primed and 10 Mill wrapped ,galvanized ? We're 18" buried here.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Transitioning undergroung gas pipe

I think 99% of all the gas underground pipe going in around here is poly with an anodeless riser. In case of your question I would opt for primed and wrap. There's my half a cent.

Comment

I'm assuming you are referring to black X-Tru Coat pipe? Some inspectors require an X-Tru Coat riser. Others let you use a piece of black or gal T&C primed with a listed pipe wrap primer and taped (code says to a thickness of 40 mil). I prefer PE, but on short runs we still use this method, with gal being the preferred riser. If you use a black riser, the exposed part above the surface should be painted with a primer and finished coat.

Comment

Thanks Scott. I don't do much of this,So I just use the yellow vinyl covered Iron from Cal steam[ fergy owned Co.] I take wrapping
        very serious. It seems like plastic wants to leak with a shovel Hit. Both My Son and I have each had an incident! I'm not against plastic.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
        X