X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www.wrenchwrack.com

Check out our web sight and investigate this useful tool. I think you'll like what you see as this device will save you "time on the job".

www.wrenchwrack.com

Thanks!!!

Sean
    Direct Plumbing and Drain
    Sean Haggerty

Shaggy,

Thats a fairly clever set up, there are a few glaring shortcomings but they are very easily rectified. Hopefully this is a fully patented item because with three rods and some scrap metal I could fabricate my own for about 1.59.

I have a few good suggestions for you to improve your product. (if its not yours then I apologize for the assumption.) If you give a way to contact you I will share my thoughts.
    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy:
      Check out our web sight and investigate this useful tool. I think you'll like what you see as this device will save you "time on the job".

www.wrenchwrack.com

Thanks!!!

Sean
      Not a bad idea, except.........there's a better option, been around for years. It's called a tripod vice. Ridgid and Reed make them in various configurations.
      the dog

Comment

SEAN, HOPE YOU DIDN'T THINK YOUR THE FIRST ONE ON THE BLOCK WITH THIS TOOL. A VERY SIMIAR TOOL MADE OF CAST ALUMINUM HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A FEW YEARS AT OUR LOCAL TRADE SHOW IN LOS ANGELES. ALSO THERE IS A MINI VICE/ SPRING LOADED WRENCH WITH JAWS THAT ALSO SITS ON THE GROUND THAT WORKS GOOD.
        SORRY FOR THE INFO. RICK.

Comment

www.wrenchwrack.com

Thanks!!!

Sean
          [ 07-16-2005, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: plumbdog10 ]
          the dog

Comment

www.wrenchwrack.com

Thanks!!!

Sean
            I don't knw if you get "Reeves's Journal", a popular plumbing journal in the western US, but in the recent copy (July 2005), page 92, there is a similair product. I don't have a comment on the difference, or the patent, but you may want to look at it.

If you don't have access to "Reeves", their website is www.Reeves.Journal.com
            the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by shaggy:

www.wrenchwrack.com

Thanks!!!

Sean
              I don't knw if you get "Reeves's Journal", a popular plumbing journal in the western US, but in the recent copy (July 2005), page 92, there is a similair product. I don't have a comment on the difference, or the patent, but you may want to look at it.

If you don't have access to "Reeves", their website is www.Reeves.Journal.com
              </font>[/QUOTE]Sorry, the correct address is www.reevesjournal.com
              the dog

Comment

I believe shaggy spammed the site and moved on.

Both units are about the same price but appear to be for different needs (pipe size). What I want to know is why the plumber is wearing a hard hat in the kitchen and who's going to pay for the floor he is going to ruin

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Any particular reason for screwing 150# mallable to a galvanized nipple?www.wrenchwrack.com

Thanks!!!

Sean

Comment

Howard, good question. Guess its the same reason they are using teflon tape on iron pipe with no back up. Guess they figure that if you can't afford a proper vise then you wouldn't know the difference in pipe types anyway.
                    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard M:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by shaggy:

Any particular reason for screwing 150# mallable to a galvanized nipple?www.wrenchwrack.com

Thanks!!!

I'm no defender of Shaggy. As a matter of fact I stick with my original post, that a tripod vice may be in order.

But as to the question of screwing a black iron fitting to a ganvanized nipple, I've done it many times in gas piping. It is my understanding that some eastern states do not use this practice on natural gas piping due to the chemical composition. It is fairly common in California, where the Uniform Plumbing Code allows the use of galvanized pipe for natural gas.

Sean
                      </font>[/QUOTE]
                      the dog

Comment

My shop was in Los Angeles and I can't remember ever stocking black fittings on a service truck.

We used galvanize fittings regardless of whether we were using black or galvanize pipe unless the materials were purchased specifically for a gas line.

Mark

Comment

SAME HERE, I TYPICALLY USE GALVANIZED FOR GAS SO I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT OUTSIDE INSTALLATIONS AND RUST. THE COST BETWEEN THE 2 IS MINIMAL. I USE GAL, JUST FOR GAS OR AIR. BRASS AND COPPER FOR WATER.
                          UTAH, WHERE WAS YOUR SHOP IN L.A.? THAT'S WHERE I'M AT. MAYBE WE HAVE CROSSED PATHS?
                          RICK.

Comment

Rick,

My shop was in North LA County put we worked everywhere. After the late 70s all new construction was limited to large customs. However, we did a lot of property managment and service work as well.

Mark

Comment

I am not a plumber by trade but thought I would post my $.02 worth. I really like the fact they state on the web site that this "tool" is ergonomic in design. LMAO Real ergonomic huh, You don't hold it in your hand and you have to bend all the way to the ground to use it. 6 1/2 lbs of scrap metal, what some people will try to get out of working for a living. LOL
                              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
                              X