X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Job application quiz.

Iv never had to do hiring but fractions, slope multipication pretty much daily i got **** for usinf 1.41 for my 45 degree offsets by an employer i laughed cause he would be sitting there with dry fit gunner peices and ask me to read the tape...... He since as relocated to newfoundland i guess they dont do math there? Anyways id be glad if a potential mployer gave me a test...it be even better if i learned something valuable from his test.....maybe hes got more to teach me and hey maybe hee cares whos doing his jobs. Id say thats a good start at a new job ... Thanks seanny

Comment

I need to write an exam ... But much more Important is to do a thorough background check !

Always call the next to last employer ... The last employer was glad to get rid of them !!!

Comment

Our local plumbers union gives tests for applicants who apply for apprentice positions. The test has nothing to do with plumbing either.

Comment

We were working on a new local Home Depot store in the mid 90's. They had a trailer set up out front for job applications. The way the trailer was positioned, you could not see the sign that said they give drug tests, to all applicants, until you walked around to front of trailer. We watched & laughed for many days, seeing people turn the corner to go into trailer, reading that drug testing sign, & then turning around & quickly leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            on a " thermal exhaust bypass relief valve" if they did, they didn't get the job. it's a made up part
            Used in conjunction with a Fetzer valve to balance the wobbulator. It's all ball bearings now...you should know that, man!

Comment

Very simple test for any apprentice that i have hired...... I ask them to wash my car, when they have finished in ( normally for all the young fellas , 15 min) i say, are you sure it's done? go and have another look at it, make sure it's washed properly.... They say yep all sweet mate. then we do the walk around What about that bit that bit that bit........ blah blah blah. Oh they say You wanted it washed properly............ Yep i say , ........ see ya later........ Harsh i know but it's a simple job that always has to be done right otherwise it looks crap.

Not sure how others will like this method, but it has always worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                I went to apply for a plumbing job yesterday. They gave me a quiz along with the application. I think I did ok. However, how many of you know the size of a Price Pfister tub shower stem washer. I had no idea. Isn't that something that most would look up rather than memorize?
                I can't remember the last time I just replaced washers on a comp. faucet, I pretty much always change stems and seats.

Comment

Working...
                X