Buried pipe tape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buried pipe tape

Gas line . where do You usually place the tape. It's steel,just trying to do My best. thanks.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Buried pipe tape

If you are 18"...I like to backfill about 12" and lay tape, then finish backfill. Don't imagine it would do muich good if it was laying on the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones Mechanicals View Post
      If you are 18"...I like to backfill about 12" and lay tape, then finish backfill. Don't imagine it would do muich good if it was laying on the pipe.
      Agreed, but here in Pennsylvania we have to use modified stone in our ditches, and that's the first sign something is beneath the clay or dirt, before any tape is visible.

Comment

thanks Guys. I have some concrete sand still in My dump truck from another job. I'll use that,ez on the taped couplings.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

6" below the dirt. For some reason, every Navy print I've seen shows the tape 18" above the pipe. Makes no sense to me.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I've seen gas cocks rot out that were half in and out of soil.Anything in the soil and six inches above is good for me.I have not looked up code but if it says tape burried pipe I'm still doing six above.

Scotchcote Kevin?
            If so every nick,cut,scratch...I don't care if it even looks like a hair.It gets primer and tape.

Leave your 1"X10 mil.tape on the dash of the truck to warm up a little bit on the colder mornings for taping your tees and elbows.For straight pipe and capping the end of the fitting winds I use 2"X 20mil.

Comment

This is black iron with a heavy yellow vinyl jacket 1" is $72.00 a stick. All You said makes sense Adam. It's pretty much what I,ve done in the past. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X