X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help?

Started a new house yesterday starting digging ground work under basement floor noticed large pockets of water seeping from under bed rock. About eighteen inchs below finished slab started hitting pockets of water? Whole foundation is built on bed rock. Draintile and big o surrounds whole foundation. Mentioned to foreman i think a sump of some sort should maybe be thought about today he agreed. Know how do you guys usually deal with that sort of problem its just very unusual here iv never actually seen one installed? Any advise would be appreciated seanny

Re: help?

i would have thought that with the building permit, a grading permit and plan check would have brought this up.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Obviously some body missed something ? Plus the whole foundation is kinda of built on a sidee hill with retaining walls and quad lock styrofoam foundation the water wasnt there a few months ago when they started?
      Last edited by seanny deep; 10-19-2011, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Out here I would turn it over to the project manager.
        He's going shove it in the face of person who was paid to address this issue,soils/civil engineer,whatever,whoever drew the specs.

Wait till spring when the water really starts rockin'

Comment

The pump will never turn off,from what You've described !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Nothing to it. Dig a big enough hole for your plastic sump to drop in then concrete around the edges. Get your sump pump ready, install a check valve above the pump and pipe it out with 1 1/2" pvc. Here we're allowed to install a bypass for the winter and dump into a deep sink or whatever into the sewer until the spring thaw. I do a lot of sump pumps especially in the spring when people forget to turn off their pumps or bypass in the winter. The pumps starts and tries to dump out through a frozen solid hose in the yard under the snow. Burns out the pump. I end up replacing lot's of them in the spring because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
              Nothing to it. Dig a big enough hole for your plastic sump to drop in then concrete around the edges. Get your sump pump ready, install a check valve above the pump and pipe it out with 1 1/2" pvc. Here we're allowed to install a bypass for the winter and dump into a deep sink or whatever into the sewer until the spring thaw. I do a lot of sump pumps especially in the spring when people forget to turn off their pumps or bypass in the winter. The pumps starts and tries to dump out through a frozen solid hose in the yard under the snow. Burns out the pump. I end up replacing lot's of them in the spring because of this.
              So by doing this you are now saying that you have taken on the liability of remidying this situation.I would not without discussing with my own personal soils engineer and contract counsel.
              At least that's how I see it out here in law suit land.

And yes,putting a pump staion in is easy.

Comment

Unfortunately, dewatering pumps work best when designed into a basement slab, with subterranean drains sloped to a pit that's formed into the mat slab. and water proofing everywhere, like you were building a swimming pool but with the object of keeping the water out, not in. Trying to dewater after the basement is poured is a little too late. Time to call in the soils engineer and let him figure it out. Otherwise, like Adam says, you leave yourself exposed to a lawsuit.

Comment

Working...
                X