X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool tub worms

HELLO does anyone have any experience with black worms approx 2-3 cm long coming from the tubing and jets from the tub. the customer says twice he has bleached the tub and they keep coming back
    thanks
    jeff

Re: Whirlpool tub worms

Butt worms, not good. Did someone poop in the tub?

Pinworms: Enterobius Vermicularis

Comment

According to that description they can only live in the body apparently this has been going on a few weeks

Comment

Could the worms be mosquito larvae?

Comment

We have a fiberglass sundance spa. Yours wood ?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

My wife wouldnt care if i nuked the tub and then blasted it with hydrocloric acid that tub would have to be replaced. I had a jet tub that was leaking and just stunk at a job a while ago turned out when the tub was installed it went from being a right hand to a left hand " as in the spun the roman style drop in 360 degrees" and stuffed some insulation in the old trap and said good enough the dead ants were scattered like pebbles on a beach EVERYWHERE and the union on the jacuzzi was leaking on the pump. Anyways is it possible there breading in the jets or that the tub is tied into a gray water pit? Or a broken overflow? Just throwing idead out. Is it on the second floor, is there a crawlspace im guessing its slab on grade i should say assuming. Anyways good luck .. try filling it full of bleach and leaveing the jets on for half an hour that might get rid of them if there just in the jets? I think there coming in the drainage somehow?

Comment

What concentration of bleach are you using to kill off the critters? What is the temperature of the water? I would guess that scalding hot is a good start. Dump in some boiling water as well?

How high of a temperature can a tub typically handle before things start going wrong. What is the max concentration of bleach, and the duration can you expose the tub to? Would a commercial pool product work better (like shocking your tub like you would a pool)
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

are you sure these are real worms and alive?

or could it be the rubber from inside the flex lines that's decomposing?

bleach would kill off the real worms.

changing the water flexes will solve the make believe worms.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I have not seen the worms nor was the one who treated the tub. It is a fiberglass 5 ft whirlpool bathtub . From what the owner says they are worms. I will probably make some arrangements to go by and collect some soecimans and post some pics thanks

Comment

It's OK if You DON'T !
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Is this a Hot Tub that stays full and is covered when not in use or is this a Jacuzzi that is filled and drained with each use? If it's a Jacuzzi it could have some nasty stagnant water left in the lines if it goes a long time between uses. If it's a hot tub it may not have the correct amount of chemicals and the worms could be growing in the filter if it has one.

Or it could be hose worms. Had a radiator on my jeep start growing those when I bought a new lower hose from Advanced Auto. Hose came apart from the inside out like little bits of spaghetti!

Comment

Working...
                      X