Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas stove- appliance shut off accessible ???????

This has always been a joke to Me. The Lil lady is going to pull out the wolf range
    oven in an emergency ? When I can ,I locate them in the next cabinet. I have a slab
    home ,elec. conversion,gas piping coming in outside wall. New stove , has warming draw on bottom, can't use that for valve access,and is tight to outside wall where My supply comes in!
    Last edited by toolaholic; 10-21-2011, 09:26 AM.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Gas stove- appliance shut off accessible ???????

sounds like you're thinking ahead.

but remember that a gas flex can't penetrate a wall. only for exposed locations.

so as long as you pipe the gas into the next cabinet, install a shut off valve and then pipe it back to behind the proper cabinet location, then connect with a flex and flex adapters.

i wouldn't be too concerned, as a gas dryer has the same issue, especially on a stacking unit. although, my stacking washer and dryer have accessible water and gas shut offs. and i do shut the water when done.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      sounds like you're thinking ahead.

but remember that a gas flex can't penetrate a wall. only for exposed locations.

so as long as you pipe the gas into the next cabinet, install a shut off valve and then pipe it back to behind the proper cabinet location, then connect with a flex and flex adapters.

i wouldn't be too concerned, as a gas dryer has the same issue, especially on a stacking unit. although, my stacking washer and dryer have accessible water and gas shut offs. and i do shut the water when done.

rick.
      Thanks Rick. As I typed, the loop with valve in cabinet, came to Me. I would never run flex through anything.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Kevin
        Not only are you on the right track, but many inspectors would not buy a valve behind or even under a range. Cabinet valve and rigid pipe to behind the range is the way to go.
        Sioux Chief makes a box just for this app.
        Sioux Chief
        We have even used an empty ox box w/a 1" ball valve for larger ranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
          Kevin
          Not only are you on the right track, but many inspectors would not buy a valve behind or even under a range. Cabinet valve and rigid pipe to behind the range is the way to go.
          Sioux Chief makes a box just for this app.
          Sioux Chief
          We have even used an empty ox box w/a 1" ball valve for larger ranges.
          Thanks Brother. I may start carving Granite salt
          shaker gas valves, to match counters, Dan may fund Me.

Comment

Working...
          X