X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charity with dignity.

Sometimes you end up on a service call where you can see the customer is screwed in some way and you would like to help them. I've had experiences where when I tell them it's a freebie their pride is hurt a bit. Yesterday I came up with an easy way to avoid the situation. Just charge them. LOL. Just kidding. I told this one customer when she was going to get her checkbook that She didn't have to pay today. She looked at me with a sort of confused expression, and I got the heck out of there. I think she's expecting a bill in the mail.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: Charity with dignity.

i tell them, i'll catch them next time meaning bill them the next time i'm there.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Read in a timeless book about taking care of the widows and orphans. Seems I run across that on a weekly basis.

Note: Just after writing this, one of my widowed neighbors drops by and asks if I could come over and see why her toilet tank is leaking.
      Well, yes I can. Replaced the tank to bowl gasket and was on my way.

God Bless Us Everyone.
      Last edited by ArizonaPlumber; 10-23-2011, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I got into an argument with a customer over this. I had asked for a check for $50, she knew I had more time into it than that, wanted to pay me $400. We went back and forth for a minute, I agreed to take a check for $100, she comes out with a check for $250 and says she will be personally and deeply offended if I do not cash the check.... I was halfway tempted to write down the account numberoff of the check and re deposit the $ once the check cleared, but I knew she would know who did it, or trip some sort of fraud alert, or other sorts of problems and just took the money.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

as a long time " lurker " on this forum ( mech / pipe fitter so not really a plumber ), just gotta say it warms my heart to see you guys that cut those in need a little slack
          know a lotta good, honest plumbers & tradesmen, and you guys seem to care about " people " , as they do
          as some one that does most of my own stuff, does not bother me to pay the going rate when i need to call some one in, as i can afford it, but again , nice to see guys that that cut people a break when they know they need it well done fellas
          bob

Comment

Working...
          X