X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor man's 1" pipe wrap

I took rolls of christys 2" rolls. insert 1"x10" pvc in center hole. a little loose in center hole. Shim pvc with slivers of wood shingle. I free hand cut on metal band saw. rotate
    with blade,not against ! Takes a couple of minutes a roll. Each 1/2 was with in 1/16",
    eye balling it. Gum stayed on rolls not blade! Kept oiler off. hope this helps another poor Boy. PS No 1" in My area!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Poor man's 1" pipe wrap

years ago when i did it on a jobsite, it was with my porta-band. the rubber wheels still have gum on them.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      years ago when i did it on a jobsite, it was with my porta-band. the rubber wheels still have gum on them.

rick.
      Love My porta band,can't kill it. iN THE SHOP I have a large wood band saw. and auto metal saw.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Not sure why I was thinking of this other than maybe the 10F weather outside may have helped. How about putting the tape in the freezer for a few hours and eliminate gumming anything? Do you think that would help?

Comment

Originally posted by Jones Mechanicals View Post
          Not sure why I was thinking of this other than maybe the 10F weather outside may have helped. How about putting the tape in the freezer for a few hours and eliminate gumming anything? Do you think that would help?
          Great idea !

Comment

6 Rolls of Christy's 1" x 100' x 10 mil Pipe Wrap Tape | eBay
            6 Rolls of Christy's 1" x 100' x 10 mil tape, $32 shipped. Not sure if its a good deal or not, could not remember what I paid last time I bough it (eeons ago)
            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
            X