X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: propress

you ain't seen nothing till you used an original 400 with a set of 4'' rings

that's the reason i keep the 400.

of course my new 330 corded unit is jealous.

bill you still want that 400

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

[QUOTE=seanny deep;363063]Concerns about this pex issue iv run into are starting to affect my sleep, with a ten month old boy i cant afford any more lost sleep. So im kinda convinced propress might be the only fisable solution.
      Im pretty limited on funds " k 750, k 45, k 60, m12 expander tool, cordless makita kit, ect ect" this year so pretty tapped as far as tool allowance goes and chrismas, wifes bday sons bday ect ect if you guys were gona by a propress tool 1/2 and 3/4" for know maybe 1" to, what brand and model would you reccomend also what brand fittings?. How much more are fittings and how do you usually plumb your houses when using propress, old run and branch im guessing just curious? Time wise how long does it take to make a joint? Are any of you plumbing whole houses in propress? Anyways just playing with the idea trying to get a ppicture or price of what i can expect to spend.
      I mentioned this before Seanny. In My town a pawn shop has an older large elec. pro press. box n tools looks clean, lightley used. He said $700 or $750 i think. Bet He'd take $550. If You want I'll stop by Sat and check to see if its still there. I could get info n picture. It's heavy!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Jones Mechanicals View Post
        I'm interested too. Also how does propress hold up with high heat on boilers?
        Unless you're talking "live steam", I've never had an issue with water heating boilers. In fact its been nothing short of a money making machine when it comes to swapping out tank type water heaters for a nice Laars Pennant or Neo-Therm boiler. When you're working with everything from 3/4" up to 4" the ProPress is almost like using a magic wand when you're under the gun to get the hot water back on.

Comment

[QUOTE=toolaholic;363426]
          Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
          Concerns about this pex issue iv run into are starting to affect my sleep, with a ten month old boy i cant afford any more lost sleep. So im kinda convinced propress might be the only fisable solution.
          Im pretty limited on funds " k 750, k 45, k 60, m12 expander tool, cordless makita kit, ect ect" this year so pretty tapped as far as tool allowance goes and chrismas, wifes bday sons bday ect ect if you guys were gona by a propress tool 1/2 and 3/4" for know maybe 1" to, what brand and model would you reccomend also what brand fittings?. How much more are fittings and how do you usually plumb your houses when using propress, old run and branch im guessing just curious? Time wise how long does it take to make a joint? Are any of you plumbing whole houses in propress? Anyways just playing with the idea trying to get a ppicture or price of what i can expect to spend.
          I mentioned this before Seanny. In My town a pawn shop has an older large elec. pro press. box n tools looks clean, lightley used. He said $700 or $750 i think. Bet He'd take $550. If You want I'll stop by Sat and check to see if its still there. I could get info n picture. It's heavy!
          Seanny,
          If this is the CT400, I'd jump on it. Its a great way to get your feet wet with ProPress. Besides, when you walk onto a job with that big mutha on your shoulder, you'll feel like the Terminator. And when you slam the pin that holds the press ring into place it sounds like you're charging a .50 cal machine gun. All told when you have a ProPress, you are the man. You can handle any job, big or small in a matter of minutes, and my customers not only like that, they expect it.

Comment

A Thanks tool , i really appreciate it and Thanks guys but got to much other expenses right now .... Winter tir├ęs ect plus i got to take ├* week off and drive ten jours to catch ├* 200$ ferry to go plumb my moms new house.... Just tapped propress is gona have to wait for a little bit thanks for looking out for me thou... Hey tool what do you think shipping would be just out of curiousity... How heavy is this thing, what size jaws does it have... ? Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
              A Thanks tool , i really appreciate it and Thanks guys but got to much other expenses right now .... Winter tir├ęs ect plus i got to take ├* week off and drive ten jours to catch ├* 200$ ferry to go plumb my moms new house.... Just tapped propress is gona have to wait for a little bit thanks for looking out for me thou... Hey tool what do you think shipping would be just out of curiousity... How heavy is this thing, what size jaws does it have... ? Thanks again
              Will see it it's still there tomorrow {sat] PS Looks like it ways about the same as a Chevy 350 short block
              Last edited by toolaholic; 10-28-2011, 08:18 AM. Reason: Sober Now
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
              X