Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The tub that won't make bubbles for a bubble bath.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tub that won't make bubbles for a bubble bath.

I recently installed a Kohler "Underscore" tub with a Hansgrohe thermostatic fill valve that puts out about 10 gpm. The spout is a Toto "Aimes" Spout.

TOTO TS626E Aimes Tub Spout

Believe it or not, the water out of this spout has such a laminar flow, and is so smooth it makes very few bubbles even though this is a very deep tub. So the owner isn't happy. (and they spent a fair chunk of change). The owner used this tub before the spout came in, and I put a 1/2" brass nipple on so she could use it, and it made great bubbles.

So tomorrow I'm going to look at ways to mess up the inside of that gorgeous spout so the flow is more rough. She also wants more flow. She claims now it also takes too long to fill the tub.
    Last edited by geno gardner; 10-25-2011, 07:50 PM.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: The tub that won't make bubbles for a bubble bath.

Lot's of baked beans will produce enough bubbles for his bath. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      Lot's of baked beans will produce enough bubbles for his bath. Problem solved.

Comment

I hear what you're saying though Geno. Some of these new faucets with a smooth flow would create a problem for mixing with the bubble bath liquid. I have no idea what the fix would be either.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
          I have no idea what the fix would be either.
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post

Beavis!! Fortunately I carry one of those on the truck for mixing concrete. I can bring it in with a cordless drill and problem solved!! LOL

Comment

Just Sand thé inside of thé spout with Sand cloth and rough it up réal good might help? When you take it off and look inside it is their any holes one holes? Flow restrictors ? Maybe use * Chrome nipple Jjk ... Goodluck
              Last edited by seanny deep; 10-28-2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
                Just Sand thé inside of thé spout with Sand cloth and rough it up réal good might help? When you take it off and look inside it is their any holes one holes? Flow restrictors ? Maybe use * Chrome nipple Jjk ... Goodluck

I removed a stainless steel screen mesh from inside the spout. The mesh smoothed out the water flow a fairly amazing amount. Removing the mesh caused the water to flow more roughly and we got plenty of bubbles. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                X